Charlie Austin - joined QPR on loan

DCFC1388

• Replies 855
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, chadlad said:

Can’t see us paying him anywhere near his current wages so not sure why Austin would do this unless we are prepared to offer the sort of long term deal that we wouldn’t/couldn’t offer to CM.

West Brom would give him a sizable payoff (couple of million?) to cancel the contact. So financially for all parties (West Brom, Derby, Austin) it would end up being similar to a loan with us contributing a proportion of his wage. 

5 minutes ago, Crazy said:

West Brom would give him a sizable payoff (couple of million?) to cancel the contact. So financially for all parties (West Brom, Derby, Austin) it would end up being similar to a loan with us contributing a proportion of his wage. 

Fair point. Not as crazy as you seem ?

1 minute ago, Coconut said:

..but with it not needing to be done today, we're unlikely to bring anyone in tonight with no other links to overseas players.

I think we should all go to bed. Not together of course, separately, each to our own beds. No transfer business, no naughty business.

When I went to work this morning I fully expected to have signed a German, an Austin and some salsa dancing Brazilian wonder kid for 16 million by the time I got home.

3 hours ago, DCFC27 said:

Problem with Martin was he wanted a two year contract which when he has reported to have a problem with his stomach (cant remember what it is exactly). This illness ended Darren Fletchers career and last season he struggled to play 2 games a week to manage it. Dont get me wrong hes still one of the top strikers in the championship ability wise but for us to shell out on a two year deal with that type of illness would not make sense. At least in Austin we will be getting a striker that can play almost every game. Personally I would have been happier with Durson he looked a real handful and a good link up player.

Well his time at Bristol will show us. I know all about his illness as I have also suffered from it. My point is having Charlie Austin on high wages when we have got rid of Chris Martin who would have been on lesser wages didn't make sense.

3 minutes ago, BathRam72 said:

Well his time at Bristol will show us. I know all about his illness as I have also suffered from it. My point is having Charlie Austin on high wages when we have got rid of Chris Martin who would have been on lesser wages didn't make sense.

Shorter term contract maybe ?

29 minutes ago, BathRam72 said:

Ahhh, another covert Chris martin thread

I love it

2 hours ago, ramsbottom said:

Nixon has an above average hit rate. I forgot about Percy. 
Both of them are infinitely more reliable than 99% of, supposed, journos on there. 

Nixon goes early with his info, he’s bound to get stuff wrong, I think he’s sound. Percy more accurate as he will pretty much confirm at the last minute..... ducking red dog 

55 minutes ago, Jimbo Ram said:

Shorter term contract maybe ?

Yes maybe. But I was originally quoting a post on here that stated Austin at 70k over a two year contract. That is why I mentioned Martin who was holding out for a 2 year contract.  Which was apparently rejected due to wages.

Archived