Kenneth Zohore - Joined Millwall on loan

inter politics

1 hour ago, tomsdubs said:

Errrr wouldn't go that far, he looks OK if you like to put crosses in the box or want a physical presence. Waghorn does a lot of things better and is more versatile. Not sure Moore would do well for us with our style of play, he ain't getting on the end of low crosses or neat moves that is not his game.

Your point about low crosses is an interesting one. With a big central striker, it's all too easy to fall into the trap of targeting all crosses towards him which requires a high degree of accuracy and if the CBs are big lumps, it becomes much simpler to nullify.

What we need is a central striker with 3 specific attributes - power, pace and an ability to hold up play. Not sure àny of the names mentioned so far meet those requirements, hopefully Cocu has someone in mind who has yet to be considered by fans and the media.

• Replies 320
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 hours ago, Wolfie20 said:

Your point about low crosses is an interesting one. With a big central striker, it's all too easy to fall into the trap of targeting all crosses towards him which requires a high degree of accuracy and if the CBs are big lumps, it becomes much simpler to nullify.

What we need is a central striker with 3 specific attributes - power, pace and an ability to hold up play. Not sure àny of the names mentioned so far meet those requirements, hopefully Cocu has someone in mind who has yet to be considered by fans and the media.

Your point is a good one - although (I feel) the need of pace is not perhaps (although would be nice) a number one requirement. As I look back at Number 9's we've had with success in the past I'd say John O'hare, Chris Martin, Paul Goddard, Mick Harford. I'm sure there must be others. I agree that just lumping the ball in with little accuracy in the hope that a big Centre Forward will get on the end of it is folly. The low, hard cross with accuracy is probably the most difficult to defend against. And with Byrne on one side & Jozwiak on the other hopefully we have a good duo to carry that out.

10 hours ago, Wolfie20 said:

spot on power, pace and hold up play, an upgrade on CM. we need that and quick wide player to beat the press and keep the opposition honest

13 hours ago, Jimbo Ram said:

I thought that was exactly what Cocu is looking for..

Not from what I saw at PSV, needs an all rounder. Good with ball at feet, pace to get about and feed the wide men etc. Technically if we are looking at Zahore he's better than Moore. Moore is a downgrade on Chris Martin in all departments except probably heading.

7 minutes ago, tomsdubs said:

Not from what I saw at PSV, needs an all rounder. Good with ball at feet, pace to get about and feed the wide men etc. Technically if we are looking at Zahore he's better than Moore. Moore is a downgrade on Chris Martin in all departments except probably heading.

Your not telling me he’s slower ?

what does he do move backwards ?

7 minutes ago, NottsRam77 said:

Your not telling me he’s slower ?

what does he do move backwards ?

Haha no I don't think he's slower but I wouldn't call him quick either! He'll do well at Cardiff because he'll get the right service, lots of high balls and corners.

2 hours ago, Topram said:

Not after him according DET 

This makes me happy, it means we have a target in mind and the name hasnt yet been leaked. There are Twitter rumours of the 19 year old ex liverpool lad but I cant imagine we have him lined up as our main striker.

I'm expecting soon after Ibe is announced a name of our striker target will start to emerge.

I'm normally critical of our recruitment, but this year they seem to be operating very shrewdly and as the kids of today say "doing bits".

But it all rests on this new striker, we need to find our raziak/Howard.

2 minutes ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

I was going to put him.

Not sure there is a better striker out there for what we need, with our budget etc.

True.

I have hope for Trialist, was also hoping he’d learn at the feet, or doors, of the Master! Oh well. #COYR

6 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

True.

I have hope for Trialist, was also hoping he’d learn at the feet, or doors, of the Master! Oh well. #COYR

Not sure I want any players influenced by Doctor Who's nemesis tbh

• 4 weeks later...

Archived