v Barrow (H) Match Thread

Day

• Replies 860
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 minutes ago, minesahartington said:

As expected we shored it up and narrowly kept them at bay. Phew. 50 uncontested passes in your own half.. wow

5 at the back at home v Barrow 

Sums up what where we are. 

Think Cocu is toying with 3 at the back and two forward thinking wing backs,thats all well and good if we have those forward thinking full backs which we dont,even Bogle is frustrating at best when going forward

Whats that 3 friendlys and a cup game against a newly promoted non league team and we have yet to score a goal in open play

If we are having to bring Wisdom on as a front target man were in big trouble i know whats happened to him but crikey i stopped playing football 10 years ago and dont look as overweight as he does

We need a minimum 3 new faces in this team as we have nothing in terms of depth in our squad once suspensions and injuries come calling

2 minutes ago, DarkFruitsRam7 said:

Ah yes, prize money, that thing that all football fans dream of winning.

Not sure what your point is here. Are you implying you dream of winning the Carabao cup, because I think you need to some better dreams if that is the case. It is a mickey mouse cup that we will never win whilst we are in the Championship and doesn't even provide the club any prize money as compensation like the FA cup does. There is absolutely zero point for us to be wasting our time competing in it and distracting us from the league.

17 minutes ago, minesahartington said:

As expected we shored it up and narrowly kept them at bay. Phew. 50 uncontested passes in your own half.. wow

5 at the back at home v Barrow 

Sums up what where we are. 

The 10th best team in the championship, removed of nearly all of the already limited creativity that got us there through injury and players choosing to leave for a better contract, hamstrung in the transfer market by past overspending, embargoes, the need to sell to buy  and the association meant to support us being on our backs trying to get us points deducted. Yep.

1 minute ago, GenBr said:

Not sure what your point is here. Are you implying you dream of winning the Carabao cup, because I think you need to some better dreams if that is the case. It is a mickey mouse cup that we will never win whilst we are in the Championship and doesn't even provide the club any prize money as compensation like the FA cup does. There is absolutely zero point for us to be wasting our time competing in it and distracting us from the league.

I'm pretty sure winning the league cup at Wembley would be pretty special.

Thank God that was behind closed doors.

Can you imagine the chants coming from the South Stand?

Cocu had a dream

To build a football team

Pass and move

Keep it nice and slow

With 9 at the back

No pace in attack

We’re Derby County

We’re on our way back!

It’s going to be a tough old season!

2 minutes ago, Jourdan said:

Thank God that was behind closed doors.

Can you imagine the chants coming from the South Stand?

Cocu had a dream

To build a football team

Pass and move

Keep it nice and slow

With 9 at the back

No pace in attack

We’re Derby County

We’re on our way back!

Think you need to stick to your day job

Not read through the thread, chewies thoughts...

Better when went 4 at the back

Very simular to last season slow and predictable at times

Te Wierik has a nice passing range

Buchanan looked good, Whittaker showed great touches when came on

Need to up the tempo and make the nessecary attacking aquisitions...we could live on without Bogle and Lowe if reports are to be believed

UTR

Despite this being boring.

Marshall, Rooney, Bielik, Bogle, Lowe, Waghorn and Lawrence all not included for various reasons. That's a strong collection.

Winger on the cards too and potential target man. 

3 at the back is simply not going to work for us without Bogle and Lowe as wingbacks and actually being encouraged to get forward. 

I'm also concerned about Holmes. 

24 minutes ago, Jourdan said:

It is going to be a tough old season alright, mainly on this forum!

Bear in mind that some of the above may be a little tongue in cheek and written with an intentional sense of heightened reality...

You & others are going to moan about it every single step of the way, unable to make a post about anything at all without feeling the need to tell us that the football's dull & you don't approve of the manager, his tactics, subs, interviews, whatever.

You'll make absolutely no attempt to look for the positives (unless they can be used to criticise the manager), make no allowances for anything other than your viewpoint and hold the attitude that whenever anything goes against us it's the manager's fault, and that if only he'd done that thing you'd have done (whatever it is) things would automatically have been worked out for the better.

I don't know some people on here are wasting their time with their day jobs when they'd be better off making millions leading Chorley FC to Champions League glory making no missteps along the way and playing wonderful, free flowing attacking football at all times, even if you don't have the players for it.

I'll wait and see how it looks when/if we actually have some decent attacking players who aren't below the age of 19. If it's still really poo I'll hold my hands up.

2 minutes ago, Uptherams said:

Despite this being boring.

Marshall, Rooney, Bielik, Bogle, Lowe, Waghorn and Lawrence all not included for various reasons. That's a strong collection.

I'll give you those four might have made a difference. But Waghorn is pretty ordinary wide right, prefer Whittaker on this (limited) evidence.

Buchanan is already pushing to be our main rotation with Lowe and not Forsyth. He's got better control, better at getting forward and he's already got a decent cross on him. I'd rather see Buchanan get a run of games over Forsyth, but Forsyth brought in at times for the experience. 

Evans continues to improve as a CB. But with 4 at the back, he isn't starting. 

Archived