v Barrow (H) Match Thread

Day

• Replies 861
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 minutes ago, SaintRam said:

Cant quite get my head round that lineup.

Could be 3 at the back with Evans in the 3 and Buchanan/Forsyth as the wingbacks?

Or Forsyth in the back 2/3 with MTW and Buch fulbacks?

Not highly uncommon for full-backs to switch sides even if they're not two footed. Wisdom did well one game at Left back recently?

I think this is the most confusing line up I’ve ever seen, in regards to what it actually is. So many different ways it could actually line  up. I hope it Buchanon/Forsyth as the wing backs myself

It won’t be a back four as there’s no chance Clarke or Fozzy will play RCB and Holmes will be played further up the field rather than at RWB. 5 at the back it is. 
we know Bird will be DM and Marriott CF, and Sibley just behind Marriott. It makes sense that we will shape up like we did vs Sheff United, so Knight comes in for Shinnie and Holmes plays that role in between the base of midfield and Sibley.

9 minutes ago, ThePrisoner said:

Right old panic in here as we play a League 2 team (with no disrespect) in the cup with some players unavailable and a transfer window open until the end of next month. 

Not panicking but as things stand I am concerned about a lack of creativity, quality and depth. That team is miles away from a top 6 place...I can’t see who is going to create the chances and who will score them if they do. Even with Rooney, Waggers and Lawrence back we are still 3 quality players light at least. Hopefully the signings will happen soon.

Just now, inter politics said:

I know its Barrow but I don't like the sound of the balance of that defence

Missing at least 2 key defenders right now though. Once Wisdom and Bielik are fully fit you'd probably say Evans and Fozzy to be dropped. Add the breakthrough of Solomon and Festy and I'd struggle to find complaint with our defense. 

1 minute ago, RamLad1884 said:

Missing at least 2 key defenders right now though. Once Wisdom and Bielik are fully fit you'd probably say Evans and Fozzy to be dropped. Add the breakthrough of Solomon and Festy and I'd struggle to find complaint with our defense. 

It's more the balance that concerns me. MTW is better at CB (if playing RB), Forsyth better at LB (if CB), Clarke playing on the right or sweeper side? We shall see how it plays out. Against Reading (if we are selling our best two wing backs), a back four of Wisdom, MTW, Clarke and Forsyth might be the best option at the moment.

Archived