Academy Thread 20/21

Ghost of Clough

• Replies 858
  • Created
  • Last Reply
15 hours ago, rynny said:

Or Bryson if didn't miss from 5 yards out in the 2nd leg at 2-0.

1 hour ago, IlsonDerby said:

When we were 2-0 up in the second leg didn’t bryson miss a chance from basically on the goal line? That goes in then it’s a different story. 

Flirty Flirting GIF by Justin

23 minutes ago, Millenniumram said:

Can’t really blame him for taking the promotion to a first team job to be fair. Good luck to him, hopefully we’ve got someone lined up to replace him.

Rooooooonnnneeeeeyyyy

The academy is doing so well that is disappointing, albeit understandable, if any of the coaches leave.

10 hours ago, Carl Sagan said:

One of the Academy goalkeeping coaches, Ross Atkins (who came through our youth system) has gone for Burton, going to work for Jake Buxton at the Pirelli.

https://www.dcfc.co.uk/news/2020/08/atkins-leaves-Derby-to-take-up-coaching-role-at-burton-albion

Beat me to it. From what I've heard he was pretty highly rated as a coach, good move for him though, being main GK Coach of a league 1 club aged 30...can we claim to be brining young coaches through too? 

On 04/08/2020 at 20:07, Stuniverse said:

According to a Man Utd colleague of mine, I found out this about Olamide Ibrahim: he’s right-footed, played CB or DM for Man Utd’s U16s and was captain quite often last season. Goes by the name of Ola.

Blame you for thinking Ibrahim is a centre back. 

Archived