Academy Thread 20/21

Ghost of Clough

Apparently Jaden Charles wasn't released but has chosen to go elsewhere.

Maybe he and his advisors couldn't see an obvious path to the first team given our plethora of left-back options? Or perhaps something else?

Edited by Carl Sagan
Damned typo!

Hope Cocu stays at Derby for a decade, taking us up and establishing us as a team full of vibrant youth and energy, challenging for the European places. But when he does go I can't help think Dazza will deserve a proper crack of the whip at the job, if he is ambitious to make the step up to first team management. He has worked wonders with the academy and if there's no prospect of career progression, and he wants that prospect, he may well be poached by one of the big boys to run their academy instead.

1 hour ago, Carl Sagan said:

Hope Cocu stays at Derby for a decade, taking us up and establishing us as a team full of vibrant youth and energy, challenging for the European places. But when he does go I can't help think Dazza will deserve a proper crack of the whip at the job, if he is ambitious to make the step up to first team management. He has worked wonders with the academy and if there's no prospect of career progression, and he wants that prospect, he may well be poached by one of the big boys to run their academy instead.

Daz Wass and Rooney legendary management duo

When you look back at what he inherited during his short stint, he was up against it and clearly the fans were on him straight away.

He still took us to the playoffs and If that 3rd goal hadnt gone in for Hull we would have made Wembley.

Why would he go to another academy? Our academy IS one of the big boys...

I think a lack of finances will bring a greater reliance on the kids next year...Who is next to establish themselves in our first team next season?

So far Bird, Knight, Sibley, Bogle and Lowe are firm 1st team/squad players.

Whittaker I'm excited to see next year after he got 1 goal and 1 assist in his last game, but still he is fairly established now.

Jordan Brown I'm ashamed to say I know very little about, he must be a steady Eddie in the youth games as I've rarely noticed him, not a bad thing.

Will Ebosele step up? Could Shonibare sort out the winger situation, or are Tyree Wilson and Archie Brown about to step up as the next exciting talents?

I completely forgot about Jamal Hector-Ingram, how could I?

1 hour ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

I think a lack of finances will bring a greater reliance on the kids next year...Who is next to establish themselves in our first team next season?

So far Bird, Knight, Sibley, Bogle and Lowe are firm 1st team/squad players.

Whittaker I'm excited to see next year after he got 1 goal and 1 assist in his last game, but still he is fairly established now.

Jordan Brown I'm ashamed to say I know very little about, he must be a steady Eddie in the youth games as I've rarely noticed him, not a bad thing.

Will Ebosele step up? Could Shonibare sort out the winger situation, or are Tyree Wilson and Archie Brown about to step up as the next exciting talents?

I completely forgot about Jamal Hector-Ingram, how could I?

Outside the names you mentioned, I'd put my money on Buchanan.

Just now, Dimmu said:

Outside the names you mentioned, I'd put my money on Buchanan.

Bloody hell I forgot about him, we got more kids than S Club 17.

I liked the look of Buchanan when he came back, forget his little 'mistakes' which I blamed Hamer for anyway, it looked like he had something about him.

If rumours are true that Lowe could leave, I'm sure Buchanan will be tipped to replace him.

On 10/08/2020 at 17:34, MackworthRamIsGod said:

When you look back at what he inherited during his short stint, he was up against it and clearly the fans were on him straight away.

He still took us to the playoffs and If that 3rd goal hadnt gone in for Hull we would have made Wembley.

Or Bryson if didn't miss from 5 yards out in the 2nd leg at 2-0.

8 hours ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

Looking at the gaps in our squad at the moment, I reckon we'll be seeing a lot more of Morgan Whittaker and Archie Brown next season. I'll include Lee Buchanan too... I just get the impression that Cocu likes what he sees from him at left back.

On 10/08/2020 at 17:34, MackworthRamIsGod said:

When we were 2-0 up in the second leg didn’t bryson miss a chance from basically on the goal line? That goes in then it’s a different story.