Tribunal Update

Shipley Ram

4 minutes ago, Will Hughes Hair said:

It's easy to find.  I believe you're looking for a very specific step inscribed with the word 'naughty'.

We didn't have a naughty step when I was a kid. I feel deprived now.

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 hours ago, therealhantsram said:

I don't believe him.

Heres why. 

The rules state that the EFL and Derby receive the verdict at the same time, just one hour before the public statement. 

If what this guy says is true, it can't have come front the club or EFL. Only from one of the three panelists. 

Given their role as solicitors or barristers, I don't believe for a moment they would have blabbed to him. It would be more than their job is worth. 

That makes sense, except you've missed out one vital thing. This is Barry Walsh we are talking about.

Sith Happens
30 minutes ago, QuitYourJibbaJivin said:

If/when we’re found not guilty I can 100% see one of those angry Hitler videos going around with Steve Gibson as the lead character! 

Why? What did hitler do to deserve that? ?

44 minutes ago, QuitYourJibbaJivin said:

If/when we’re found not guilty I can 100% see one of those angry Hitler videos going around with Steve Gibson as the lead character! 

Doubt it would need a video.

His hatred of us is that strong that, if we get off without punishment, I could actually envisage him invading Derby.

44 minutes ago, SchtivePesley said:

I actually decided to read that - The dog bites caused 5 broken ribs and a ruptured spleen

I'm with the coroner on this one - Blaming the dog seems a little suspect

(Yes, I'm trying to ignore the lack of update on tribunal still)

13 minutes ago, cheron85 said:

I actually decided to read that - The dog bites caused 5 broken ribs and a ruptured spleen

I'm with the coroner on this one - Blaming the dog seems a little suspect

(Yes, I'm trying to ignore the lack of update on tribunal still)

The report also says the dog was called Gypsy and it attacked him in a bedsit after he hit his girlfriend ... 

Do we think this is really our man with links to an important tribunal.....? 

Although this is the EFL we're talking about... 

5 minutes ago, Chester40 said:

The report also says the dog was called Gypsy and it attacked him in a bedsit after he hit his girlfriend ... 

Sounds more EDL than EFL

19 minutes ago, Chester40 said:

I think it definitely is. Baz's commitment to bringing us the truth about this verdict is so strong that he is willing to tweet from beyond the grave. Maybe that's the Gypsy's curse, he's condemned to spend eternity tweeting unsubstantiated rumours about Derby County. A terrible fate indeed.

Looking at Barry Walsh on Twitter, he doesnt seem the typical 'agent' type poster that just tweets rubbish.

If you look at this stuff he actually gets quite a bit right, whether he is just a tactical poster, as in gets in there based on what is said in the media and deletes whatever he gets wrong.

He also seems a genuine fan from posts about being at matches.

He called it about Keogh being injured way  before anyone broke it, although I suppose anyone could have guessed that. He does tweet some interesting bits 

2 minutes ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

Looking at Barry Walsh on Twitter, he doesnt seem the typical 'agent' type poster that just tweets rubbish.

If you look at this stuff he actually gets quite a bit right, whether he is just a tactical poster, as in gets in there based on what is said in the media and deletes whatever he gets wrong.

He called it about Keogh being injured way  before anyone broke it, although I suppose anyone could have guessed that. He does tweet some interesting bits 

Fair points. 

Have you called him down for his breakfast yet? If so, ask him if he has heard anything new today? 

On 22/08/2020 at 09:44, G STAR RAM said:

In my boredom last week I actually decided to e-mail the EFL asking if they would be kind enough to give me an update on when a decision could be expected.

I got the standard holding reply, with a response expected within 7 days.

Anyone fancy entering a sweepstake on when they actually respond to me?

Similarly bored (and wanting to vent), I emailed on 13th to ask this as well as query what actions are being taken to protect member clubs during this exceptional time as opposed to searching for creative ways of bringing proceedings against them etc.

Received this predictability generic reply this morning......

Thankyou for your email.

For clarity, while the EFL shares the view that such matters are ideally concluded expeditiously, the decision and timing of any sanctions determined by an Independent Disciplinary Commission, is entirely at their discretion. The EFL can only act in accordance with its rules, as voted and agreed on by member clubs themselves.

Due to the unprecedented challenges faced by the EFL and its member clubs following the COVID-19 pandemic, a range of ongoing financial and operational matters have been discussed regularly. These matters have not only been with a view to the short-term challenges faced but also with an eye on securing long-term sustainability. As you will know, Clubs, like all businesses were supported by Government measures, along with accelerated facility payments issued by the EFL to mitigate short term losses.

As you may have seen, Clubs in League One and Two recently voted to introduce a squad salary cap, and this majority decision follows extensive and comprehensive consultation with all Clubs in respect of addressing sustainability and wage inflation issues across the EFL which were initiated prior to the suspension of football in March.

Discussions remain ongoing with Championship Clubs, along with a range of EFL stakeholders with respect to ongoing sustainability matters in general.

Thank you for contacting the EFL.

Regards,

Andrew

Supporter Services Department

EFL

59 minutes ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

#ibelieveinbaz

Archived