Test Cricket is Back

sage

14 minutes ago, Anag Ram said:

England will want their bowlers to be able to go full pelt.

So it makes sense to get as many runs as possible today and let the bowlers focus on bowling them out to today and on Sunday (assuming the forecast is correct)

My forecast (which is usually reasonably accurate) is showing more or less constant rain for both days in Manchester - I'd be amazed if the England management team aren't aware of the coming monsoon.

17 minutes ago, Anag Ram said:

England will want their bowlers to be able to go full pelt.

So it makes sense to get as many runs as possible today and let the bowlers focus on bowling them out to today and on Sunday (assuming the forecast is correct)

I think even Sunday is in doubt. 
wow JB 

You're looking at maximum of 3 sessions to bowl Australia out. Saturday is a wash out. Sunday it might improve but I reckon half a day's play is on the cards.

At least if the match has drawn they have given plenty of entertainment 

6 minutes ago, BaaLocks said:

The declaration in the first innings of the first test is what will cost us the Ashes.

Amazing that only twice in Ashes history has it gone to the fifth test two apiece.

Aussies bowling in the most favourable half hour worth of conditions is what cost us that game.

15 minutes ago, BaaLocks said:

The declaration in the first innings of the first test is what will cost us the Ashes.

Amazing that only twice in Ashes history has it gone to the fifth test two apiece.

Sorry but that's nonsense.  It might be a factor but 20 odd dropped catches has far more bearing than that declaration.

46 minutes ago, NottsRam said:

Sorry but that's nonsense.  It might be a factor but 20 odd dropped catches has far more bearing than that declaration.

Ah, OK, it's nonsense. Thank you for the clarification.

BTW - England have dropped 18 catches so far this series, Australia 12 but, but that's the reason. Sure!