Test Cricket is Back

sage

On 27/07/2023 at 16:30, ziggyram59 said:

England just chucking wickets away because they love to play BAZBALL, not exactly the best way to play test cricket. You can guarantee Australia won't chuck there wickets away and will get a lot more than 283. And will go on to get a 3-1 win in the Ashes series. 

This post did not age well - like so many of your others.

Just a great last session to end an unbelievable series. Such a fitting way to finish, looking gone at 135-0 and then again at 264-3, to claw it back with 7 wickets for 70 runs just topped it off. 

Have just seen the Sky Sports News montage of the series and it's crazy how many controversies have been packed into the 5 games. So many talking points. It's been a tad better than Sibley and Burns blocking the life out of us all that's for sure. From the Crawley 4 first ball of the series to Mark Wood's arrival, sending Khawaja's off stump flying at 95 mph, to end it with Broad doing that - it really is fairly tale stuff. 

It just leaves you wanting more doesn't it? No more test cricket until India next year now and the shitty Hundred up next. Thankfully we have The Rams to cheer us up next week but there will still be a huge sporting void left by this incredible last 6 weeks. 

4 hours ago, Mr Tibbs said:

Just a great last session to end an unbelievable series. Such a fitting way to finish, looking gone at 135-0 and then again at 264-3, to claw it back with 7 wickets for 70 runs just topped it off. 

Have just seen the Sky Sports News montage of the series and it's crazy how many controversies have been packed into the 5 games. So many talking points. It's been a tad better than Sibley and Burns blocking the life out of us all that's for sure. From the Crawley 4 first ball of the series to Mark Wood's arrival, sending Khawaja's off stump flying at 95 mph, to end it with Broad doing that - it really is fairly tale stuff. 

It just leaves you wanting more doesn't it? No more test cricket until India next year now and the shitty Hundred up next. Thankfully we have The Rams to cheer us up next week but there will still be a huge sporting void left by this incredible last 6 weeks. 

A few wins for Derbyshire in the 50 over competition would be nice. Luckily, no clashes so I get to see The Rams too.

17 hours ago, Mr Tibbs said:

Have just seen the Sky Sports News montage of the series and it's crazy how many controversies have been packed into the 5 games.

Nice to see McGrath having a not-moan about the ball change. Not sure why really as the Aussies seemed to have enough problems laying a bat on a round ball, so I can't imagine playing with a square one would have helped.

5-0 you say, Glenn... 😂

What a series and really enjoyed the ending with Broady taking the final 2 wickets, a fitting end to a great career. Think we’ve shown we can more than match the best team in the world and this way of playing I think will make us more competitive in India next year and in the next Ashes down under. Aussie team reminds me of when we were No 1 playing attritional cricket, think they’re at the top but just starting the decline, think we could win the next couple of Ashes series and the Aussies are scared of our potential.

I’ve not watched any of the Rams preseason games, fully absorbed in cricket and the Ashes. Enjoyed the break from the footy to be honest, now the Ashes is done I can fully focus on the Rams (although will divert my attention back to the cricket if Derbys can get some success in the one day cup). I won’t be watching the f****** hundred that’s for sure!

• 1 month later...
On 01/09/2023 at 21:29, Comrade 86 said:

Under the cosh against this England squad. I think we could beat the Kiwis with a 2nd 11 and that's not to belittle them. England are properly scary.

This one's not aging well 🤐 Kiwis amassing a huge total here. Still think we'll nail them though!

Atkinson gets tossed the ball again and second ball he clears up Glen Phillips with an absolute peach of a yorker. The lad's bowling 90MPH++ and showing more control than any of the others on view. Really impressive.

• 4 months later...