Test Cricket is Back

sage

I always find the highlights quite comforting, knowing that I was better off, playing football with the kids, watching a swimming lesson, weeding, cutting the grass, hoovering and washing the pots and enjoying the sunshine instead of wasting a day in front of a TV watching England collapse once again.

1 hour ago, 86 Hair Islands said:

Here we go again! Bowlers undermined by hoplessly ill-functioning top order.You'd think at least two of Root, bairstow and the skipper need biggish scores if we're to have a chance. The England tail looks a long one to my eye.

Our batsmen play a few nice shots and then the first trap that’s set for them gets them out.

No one is prepared to graft and get themselves in so they earn the right to play the big shots later.

We have batsmen who get a nice twenty or thirty then get out. I keep hearing what a great player Crawley is, Lees is, Pope is, but until they can string some scores together I’m not convinced.

And Stokes was like someone playing his first net after a long winter. He is lucky De Grandhomme overstepped.

I hope he and Root are still there at stumps. If they’re not, we’re doomed.