Test Cricket is Back

sage

1 hour ago, AndyinLiverpool said:

Looking through this thread, I seem to do a lot of complaining about English cricket. 

So here's a moan about the cricket authorities. What the duck are they doing taking lunch now? They started at 12.30, work for an hour then have 40 minutes for lunch. bankers.

I don't know why they couldn't at least flip lunch and tea and just take a 20 min break, rain is forecast from 4pm onwards.

There's no flexibility.

And now we're doing that thing where we think we're being clever by trying to get the better batsman to the non-strikers end.

Now Rizwan knows we're not trying to get him out and they've put on 29 for this wicket.

See also how many runs Steve Smith racked up whilst we did this for him last summer.

1 hour ago, AndyinLiverpool said:

The light thing was ridiculous.

Looking at the scene this morning, it's hard to believe that I am in the same country as that cricket ground. It's already too hot here for me.

Can we swap weathers?

It’s typical as soon as they leave the north it becomes lovely weather and down south which has been great last few weeks goes awful ?

Crawley finally out after as elegant an innings as I've ever seen from an Englishman. The long, long wait for a natural #3 is over it would seem. When you look at how he plays you'd think there's nothing in his technique that you could offer up as a potential point of failure. 

Hats off to Jos too. I'd written him off long ago as a test cricketer and while I still think there are better keepers out there, in his batting he's shown a immense discipline in the last two tests. Also to the Pakistani team who showed real class with nearly all of them jogging over to congratulate Zak as he left the crease. That was really nice to see. 

5 hours ago, 86 Schmokes & a Pancake said:

Crawley finally out after as elegant an innings as I've ever seen from an Englishman. The long, long wait for a natural #3 is over it would seem. When you look at how he plays you'd think there's nothing in his technique that you could offer up as a potential point of failure. 

Hats off to Jos too. I'd written him off long ago as a test cricketer and while I still think there are better keepers out there, in his batting he's shown a immense discipline in the last two tests. Also to the Pakistani team who showed real class with nearly all of them jogging over to congratulate Zak as he left the crease. That was really nice to see. 

Warne has him as an opener. Sibley and Burns give bowlers an opportunity to find a rhythm but Crawley would make them think. 

Skys coverage and analysis is brilliant for stattos like me.