Test Cricket is Back

sage

1 hour ago, RoyMac5 said:

Woah! Just seen him on the tele. Pound for pound he's got to be the best spinner around! 

He plays for Wycombe Wanderers too, top athlete .... so you’ll see him in the flesh next season 

Edited by SKRam
Added text

First time I’ve checked this thread in quite a while so I’ve just caught up, hence some of you have received likes from a while back, it’s full time employment following every thread. Butler is my favourite player but in his current form we are relying on a 75% fit Stokes heavily (again). Decent start to afternoon session. 

12 minutes ago, AndyinLiverpool said:

It has been.

In fact the whole series has been good. 2 teams having to work hard for an advantage, playing in the best spirit.

I love proper test cricket.

West indies are underdogs, but good enough to cause problems, and definitely were on top the first two sessions before the batsmen got on top of the bowling, should be an interesting morning tomorrow, getting at england's tail early on and it's very much all to play for, if Pope and Butler carry on, England could put themselves in a good place to win the game from, although I can't see a decisive 1st innings lead unless WI bat very badly. 

51 minutes ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

West indies are underdogs, but good enough to cause problems, and definitely were on top the first two sessions before the batsmen got on top of the bowling, should be an interesting morning tomorrow, getting at england's tail early on and it's very much all to play for, if Pope and Butler carry on, England could put themselves in a good place to win the game from, although I can't see a decisive 1st innings lead unless WI bat very badly. 

Unfortunately, the weather forecast is terrible for Saturday and Monday 

6 hours ago, AndyinLiverpool said:

Unfortunately, the weather forecast is terrible for Saturday and Monday 

Weather lady this morning said showers on and off rather than all day rain and seemed fairly optimistic.

Would be really nice if Pope and Buttler both got tons. 

It’s a shame that the quick turnaround in tests has had such an effect on a threadbare West Indies squad. Their attack has less intensity than at the first test. Roach and Holder still excellent though.