Limited attendance

sage

if in September (when I presume the new season will start) we are still not in a position to reopen the ground fully, how would people feel about ST holders attending on a rota basis?

Maybe the club could allow a quarter of the capacity?

It seems odd to go from mot being allowed to a free for all. 

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, sage said:

if in September (when I presume the new season will start) we are still not in a position to reopen the ground fully, how would people feel about ST holders attending on a rota basis?

Maybe the club could allow a quarter of the capacity?

It seems odd to go from mot being allowed to a free for all. 

They doing mot's there as well? 

I genuinely believe grounds could be opened to season ticket holders only based on 

half to two thirds capacity basis 

no away fans 

outdoor stadiums 

wearing a face covering ( or you get banned ) 

biggest problem are the drinking establishments before games usually 

if you can get on a tube in London like a sewer rat every day you can certainly spend 90 minutes watching football in the outdoors if you are self aware regarding the virus.

it would be a start and would mean survival for a lot of clubs and how could the government object especially if 15-20,000 are spaced out in a 32,000 stadium in our case   

The more I see pictures of the streets of London absolutely rammed with people drinking, rammed beaches, underground trains rammed I dont see how sitting in a football ground is any more risky? Obviously in an ideal world during a pandemic none of the above would be happening, but we are a nation of idiots.

I can see face coverings being mandatory to attend football. 

7 minutes ago, Woodley Ram said:

Logistical nightmare, what about people going in and out, where would you sit, what about getting past people to get to your seat.

i like the thought of doing it but I don’t think it’s practical 

Maybe they could install a mini-urinal on the back of the seat in front? Ladies, pack your she-wee. 

It’s not easy to understand the logic of a soggy end to lockdown in which the rules are relaxed arbitrarily. 2m social distancing is no longer required. People can travel freely etc etc. Crowding will occur in the streets, bars, toilets, and circulation spaces;  on public transport and in shared vehicles. Is it fair to put Police and stewards into situations where hostile supporters will probably start to gob at each other, and anyone else.

no doubt some people will want to go. Not everyone even believes that the virus exists. 
personally I wouldn’t go. 
i have a holiday booked in august and I am unsure about whether or not to just lose the money.
I just don’t see how any crowding can possibly be safe.

3 minutes ago, RamNut said:

It’s not easy to understand the logic of a soggy end to lockdown in which the rules are relaxed arbitrarily. 2m social distancing is no longer required. People can travel freely etc etc. Crowding will occur in the streets, bars, toilets, and circulation spaces;  on public transport and in shared vehicles. Is it fair to put Police and stewards into situations where hostile supporters will probably start to gob at each other, and anyone else.

no doubt some people will want to go. Not everyone even believes that the virus exists. 
personally I wouldn’t go. 
i have a holiday booked in august and I am unsure about whether or not to just lose the money.
I just don’t see how any crowding can possibly be safe.

That’s it though, the future will never be safe, so we live with it and adapt - you keep your distance and wear face coverings and practice social and personal hygiene 

29 minutes ago, Sparkle said:

I genuinely believe grounds could be opened to season ticket holders only based on 

half to two thirds capacity basis 

no away fans 

outdoor stadiums 

wearing a face covering ( or you get banned ) 

biggest problem are the drinking establishments before games usually 

if you can get on a tube in London like a sewer rat every day you can certainly spend 90 minutes watching football in the outdoors if you are self aware regarding the virus.

it would be a start and would mean survival for a lot of clubs and how could the government object especially if 15-20,000 are spaced out in a 32,000 stadium in our case   

Spot on there.

ST holders may not end up in the seats they bought but if they need to track and trace it will be a lot easier to manage as they got all the info they need already. This may in turn lead to other chalenges how to separate family and groups, if you are moved to cheaper or more expensive section should a charge or refund apply. Tricky.

15 minutes ago, EtoileSportiveDeDerby said:

Spot on there.

ST holders may not end up in the seats they bought but if they need to track and trace it will be a lot easier to manage as they got all the info they need already. This may in turn lead to other chalenges how to separate family and groups, if you are moved to cheaper or more expensive section should a charge or refund apply. Tricky.

There are very few 'bad' views at Pride Park. How many people would be demanding refunds? I would just be happy to see the game live again, even if it was from behind the corner flag.

It really hit home not being there yesterday.

There’s been reports of grounds being allowed at 25% capacity in September across Europe, so it wouldn’t surprise me if it was the same here. I think attending on a rota basis would be the fairest thing to do, so all season ticket holders can attend 1 in every 4 games (maybe even every 3).

Schools will be all but ditching social distancing in September - I work in one and the 'guidance' is laughable (bubbles of up to 200..!) and if that is anything to go by I imagine that that will be mirrored across other mass gatherings. Football grounds to have 'stand bubbles' etc. I can't see the 25% capacity idea being acceptable to many unless fans are only paying an equivalent amount. Toilets/concourses need to be monitored carefully. Should drinks be on sale in the ground? Based on how things have gone so far, I imagine the Government will give clubs about 2 weeks to get things organised.

Sith Happens

if they do implement a 25% strict capacity I wonder where Middlesbrough will find the extra fans from 

Sith Happens
1 minute ago, SamUltraRam said:

But the fear for all football clubs is why would anybody buy a season ticket to attend 1 in 3 or 1 in 4 games ?

It's not the fault of the clubs or the fans but that is the financial reality of the situation

it's not workable in my opinion,  just restrict season ticket sales perhaps giving those fans who have had a season ticket longest priority. Give those the facility to sell their seat for the day if they can't attend.  As the season goes on if additional capacity allowed allow extra season tickets on a priority basis too, pro rata and inclusive of early bird discounts. 

Maybe leave 1000 seats for a first come first serve match by match basis 

Archived