Limited attendance

sage

I spoke to a football journalist friend who has heard the current plan is to start back on 12th September with a 1/3 stadium capacity.

He was keen to stress that it was an ever moving feast both in terms of the start date/criteria but also in terms of how those criteria may change during the season. 

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply
29 minutes ago, sage said:

I spoke to a football journalist friend who has heard the current plan is to start back on 12th September with a 1/3 stadium capacity.

He was keen to stress that it was an ever moving feast both in terms of the start date/criteria but also in terms of how those criteria may change during the season. 

Hard to see how they decide who gets to renew their ST then if it's only 10k seats. Don't we have nearly 20k ST holders?

5 minutes ago, SchtivePesley said:

Hard to see how they decide who gets to renew their ST then if it's only 10k seats. Don't we have nearly 20k ST holders?

Easy - start with those that have had the most consecutive years and work down ?

6 minutes ago, Gaspode said:

Easy - start with those that have had the most consecutive years and work down ?

Does that work? most consecutive years will be older fans, who would be less likely to want to mingle in great numbers

I'd happily defer my ST for next season if I still qualified for Early Bird prices the season after - I'd take that hit for the greater good

8 minutes ago, SchtivePesley said:

I think its more like 17k season ticket holders. I imagine a fair chunk of those won't renew in the current circumstances. 

As people have already started renewing I think it will be first come first served.

As there will be no away fans I guess we are looking at around 11k fans.

1 minute ago, SchtivePesley said:

Does that work? most consecutive years will be older fans, who would be less likely to want to mingle in great numbers

I'd happily defer my ST for next season if I still qualified for Early Bird prices the season after - I'd take that hit for the greater good

The wink was supposed to indicate that it was a joke. Think I'm going to take a break from this board for a while - far too many folk looking to have disagreements at the moment....

I think we won't sell many more than 11k season tickets under the current situation anyway.

I would imagine the majority of those over 65, asthmatic, pregnant, type 1 diabetic or living with someone in the above categories won't renew this season.

1 hour ago, Gaspode said:

The wink was supposed to indicate that it was a joke. Think I'm going to take a break from this board for a while - far too many folk looking to have disagreements at the moment....

Sorry - missed that. Wasn't looking to disagree. It's not the politics thread!

5 minutes ago, B4ev6is said:

It is large part of clubs can not survise with fans ticket money.

Simply not true. Fans ticket money is a drop in the ocean. Also dont forget season ticket money they will already have had. Wigan ain't going to get many walk ups are they?!

Wigan going bust has nothing to do with lack of fans in the stadium, nothing at all.

Archived