v Forest (H) - Matchday Thread

Bwash_Ram

1 hour ago, Wolfie20 said:

Makes robbing them of a point even sweeter. All we need now is for Forest to miss out on the playoffs by 2 points.

If you cannot beat them, fluke them. We took two points off Florist. We completely outplayed them for three seconds.

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, SKRam said:

Mentioned added time for PNE game where did they come from??  Well today when the board went up I thought 6 (again) where did they come from..... but I’ll be forever grateful ?

Come on Bristol City 4-0 and we go 6th ?

97 mins. We were the better team in the 97th minute.

After their goal we came back into it without creating many chances. Seemed to try and dibble it through rather than getting into shooting positions. Forest came closest to winning but hey if you cannot get the ball in the net.... Smash and grab in the end. Will take that!

2 hours ago, Kinder said:

Interesting to see how Zoon does. I’ve got a feeling this could be his time...

This was my worst prediction since I confidently said 2020 was going to be a great year!

Sith Happens

still think we deserved it just because the ref inexplicably gave possession to them after he stopped the game while we were in possession and attacking.

would love to know why he chose to do that.

Didn’t really deserve a point but I’ll take it against them lot all day long especially in that fashion!

Give the players credit for keeping going and scoring at the death, but let’s not beat about the bush that was an insipid performance with no heart or desire!

Hopefully we can carry that last minute bit of fight and euphoria into the next game and play as we know we can!

2 minutes ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

Win our game against them and we cancel that out but our goal difference isn't very good.

Still two wins in our next two and we still have a chance.

If we beat them by a goal then it leaves us on level points with them 2 goals ahead in GD. That’s all we’d need to turn over, which isn’t the biggest gap I’ve ever seen.

46 minutes ago, Bearwood Ram said:

Just had a look on their forum ….'blah blah, not bothered, we played better football, Derby are crap, I'm over it already, Derby will be more concerned about that result than us....etc etc..' There's lots of posts talking about how they're not bothered now. After we scored they were going mental. Bless...

Poor deluded souls .......and they all have six toes ???

Different perspective here. For various reasons I missed:

- The first 20 minutes

- Most of the last 15 minutes

So I saw close to 60 minutes where neither side did very much but we had the bulk of the possession and some half chances. 

On that basis, we can’t have been outplayed for the entire game as is being suggested on here.

Granted I didn’t see our worse periods of the game, but I repeat, for close to 60 minutes I watched, we shaded it. 

Still lots to improve, but every game is a learning experience for this young squad. 

For the last two hours, the Memsahib and I have been sitting outside, drinking beer, miserable, drowning our sorrows, completely oblivious to the fact that we had equalised.

The Waghorn sending-off had settled it, as far as I was concerned.

Just come in, read the score. "Bloody hell, gerrinthere" is the phrase that comes to mind.

6 minutes ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

Win our game against them and we cancel that out but our goal difference isn't very good.

Still two wins in our next two and we still have a chance.

Oh yes indeedy, RW. One thinks it would have been a tad easier with Andre, Waghorn and Lawrence available.

3 minutes ago, ck- said:

Different perspective here. For various reasons I missed:

- The first 20 minutes

- Most of the last 15 minutes

So I saw close to 70 minutes where neither side did very much but we had the bulk of the possession and some half chances. 

On that basis, we can’t have been outplayed for the entire game as is being suggested on here.

Granted I didn’t see our worse periods of the game, but I repeat, for close to 70 minutes I watched, we shaded it. 

Still lots to improve, but every game is a learning experience for this young squad. 

How many saves did Samba have to make?

Sith Happens
6 minutes ago, Eddie said:

For the last two hours, the Memsahib and I have been sitting outside, drinking beer, miserable, drowning our sorrows, completely oblivious to the fact that we had equalised.

The Waghorn sending-off had settled it, as far as I was concerned.

Just come in, read the score. "Bloody hell, gerrinthere" is the phrase that comes to mind.

oh no eddie.....you didn't have a premature evacuation did you?

Archived