Mike te Wierik

Sean

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply
13 minutes ago, R@M said:

I’m surprised they have just told everyone where he is going to live! If anyone wants to live near a dcfc player a few plots are still available.

There's plenty of folk not able to identify his new place from the picture! (Me for one ? )

Sith Happens
47 minutes ago, ImARam2 said:

Mike te Wierik and his partner has just rented a property in Duffield.

just? are you stalking them ? ?

Put this here too. 

After reading the Mike te Wierik interview I was wondering, who scouted him? Or did his agent contact us?

Through my agent Harold Eijkelkamp I received a nice app from Ted van Leeuwen (Twente FC), I thought it was sporty: ”Mike to Derby County. Big club, the toughest competition in Europe. What a transfer. We would have liked to see him at FC Twente, but this is great. Don't have Mike's number. Do you want to congratulate him and wish good luck. Warmly awarded. Regards'.

Another interesting (google translated) interview from his agents website:

Regionals - Mike te Wierik

This season Heracles Almelo has a new series: Streekgenoten. Interviews with boys who were born or raised in the Almelo region and are now developing further at Heracles Almelo. This time: Mike Te Wierik.

Hengevelde is the birthplace of Mike Te Wierik. He got injured during the winter break, but in recent years has proved a permanent value for Heracles Almelo and you get to know him better in this series of fellow countrymen.

The road to professional football
Like any other player, the football career starts at a local level. In the case of Te Wierik, this was at WVV'34 in Hengevelde. "I did play in the E's and F's there, after which I was scouted by the football academy FC Twente / Heracles Almelo." In Hengelo, at the training complex of the football academy, a world opened up to him. 'I had a very nice and educational time there. Played for 6.5 years and as a freshman A player I could go to Heracles Almelo. Steve McClaren was at that time trainer of FC Twente and he did not give youth players a chance, so the choice was quickly made for me. '

Right back or central rear?
During the past season, Te Wierik played both in the right back position and in the center back. The latter position was filled after Bart Schenkeveld got injured, but what does he think is the best position to play? "I came to Heracles Almelo as a central defender, but eventually I played more games as a right back. Recently I had a conversation with the trainer (John Stegeman ed.) And I intend to play centrally in the back next year. '

Life as a trainer
Where other players dive into business after their career as a professional football player, Te Wierik sees himself active on the field for years to come, as a trainer. 'I am currently active as a trainer at WVV'34. There I am assistant coach of the 1st team and I provide training on Tuesday and Thursday evenings. If I can combine it with Heracles Almelo, I will also be there during the weekend. In addition, I train the D1 together with a friend of mine. Next year it will be the C1. '

Archived