Mike te Wierik

Sean

6 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

Dutch Mike ?? Evans is average. Clarke isn't ours. Waghorn meh. Lawrence still isn't what he could be.

There’s no hope then.

personally I think Dutch mike is good, Evans is a good sweeper, Clarke is ours for a year, Waghorn is our only no9, and Lawrence would be better suited to a more central role. But for the whole thing to work we need two good wing backs with a license to attack. 

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Classic Derby at the moment. Get a centre back in, with a bit of pedigree behind him, and we’ve played him at right wing back, right CB of a back three and not yet in a game played him in a back four with Clarke, which I’m 100% convinced we will end up with.

21 hours ago, RamNut said:

He looks good to me. 
calm, composed, comfortable in possession.

Te wierek, Evans and Clarke All look good. The 352 has potential but in typical Derby fashion, just as we acquire the centre backs that suit the system, we start planning to sell the young wing backs W ho are essential to make it work.

And we look to be on the cusp of signing a winger, despite the system not including a winger.

classic Derby. 

I think that Cocu wanted to see how a 3 centreback system would work and it was better to try it in this match against a lower placed team. Even though you had to give Barrow credit, they parked the bus, stayed in shape and acheived a draw to have a chance on the penalties (something a lot of teams will do when there's no extra time in these early rounds). Could'nt understand why we had Buchanan playing on the right(looked better when switched to his natural left). If we do lose Lowe and Bogle, I'm sure Forsyth/Buchanan can do it on the left and Wisdom/new right winger can do it on the right.

Got to agree Te Wierik looked very comfortable on the ball, we all know about Clarke and I think Evans will get better in that position. I do believe that 3-5-2 will be in some games, but also believe we will see 4 at the back depending on the opposition.

8 minutes ago, plymouthram said:

I think that Cocu wanted to see how a 3 centreback system would work and it was better to try it in this match against a lower placed team. Even though you had to give Barrow credit, they parked the bus, stayed in shape and acheived a draw to have a chance on the penalties (something a lot of teams will do when there's no extra time in these early rounds). Could'nt understand why we had Buchanan playing on the right(looked better when switched to his natural left). If we do lose Lowe and Bogle, I'm sure Forsyth/Buchanan can do it on the left and Wisdom/new right winger can do it on the right.

Got to agree Te Wierik looked very comfortable on the ball, we all know about Clarke and I think Evans will get better in that position. I do believe that 3-5-2 will be in some games, but also believe we will see 4 at the back depending on the opposition.

Bearing in mind we appear to be selling our only 2 wing backs, surely we are reverting to a back 4. 

2 minutes ago, sage said:

Bearing in mind we appear to be selling our only 2 wing backs, surely we are reverting to a back 4. 

Id put money on it. The 5 at the back is ok as a plan B or C, but it was being played just because the squad available is so light in attack. Can’t imagine for a second we will be playing it for any length of time. 

7 minutes ago, plymouthram said:

If you have watched both Cocu's and Andre's interview's you will know the possible reason for what was tried yesterday. 

Buchanan to see if he can on the right because Bogle is off to sheff and Andre says he is not 100% recovered yet plus Cocu wants big Mike in the centre. 

Formation wise Cocu said 4_3_3 is the preferred option though 3_5_2 for certain opponents and if needed within games. 

Archived