Mike te Wierik

Sean

2 hours ago, DesertRam said:

Can't wait to see him on the pitch, presumably with Bielik, could be what we have been waiting for all these

years, good luck mate- obviously future Captain after Roos stops playing. 

- obviously future Captain after Roos stops playing. 

When did we make Kelle captain?? ?

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, A Ram for All Seasons said:

Better than that Heineken and Oranjeboom muck they drink in Holland.

Grolsch Kanon puts hairs on your chest. In fact, it would put hairs on my wife's chest.

Saying that, every Dutch bar I've ever been in has always had an extensive Belgian beer list.

11 hours ago, Eddie said:

Grolsch Kanon puts hairs on your chest. In fact, it would put hairs on my wife's chest.

Saying that, every Dutch bar I've ever been in has always had an extensive Belgian beer list.

La Trappe is Dutch and brews fantastic abbey beers.

On 29/06/2020 at 16:39, Steve How Hard? said:

20200629_163431.thumb.jpg.69bd246ea03b80d1ca73d36e52984c93.jpg

I've just run it through google translate and apparently he's saying. " Keep this quiet but my new team Derby County plan to pass me off as Ikechi Anya for the final few games of this season. Hi-ho, hi-ho it's off te Wierik I go.......

Your finest work, SHH.

2 hours ago, sage said:

La Trappe is Dutch and brews fantastic abbey beers.

Brewed at Abbey Koningshoeven, Tilburg.  We spend quite a bit of time in Noordwijk and Leiden, and evert pub sells La Trappe. They also sell pretty well all the 'common' Belgians - Duvel, Westmalle, Leffe, Achel, Orval, De Koninck, Gulden Draak, Corsendonk etc. Also the piss (Palm, Stella Artois etc).

6 hours ago, Eddie said:

Brewed at Abbey Koningshoeven, Tilburg.  We spend quite a bit of time in Noordwijk and Leiden, and evert pub sells La Trappe. They also sell pretty well all the 'common' Belgians - Duvel, Westmalle, Leffe, Achel, Orval, De Koninck, Gulden Draak, Corsendonk etc. Also the piss (Palm, Stella Artois etc).

Have you had La Trappe beers on draught?

• 4 weeks later...

"You suddenly play the ball to Wayne Rooney!"

Really good interview and some good pictures here:

https://translate.google.co.uk/translate?hl=en&tab=wT&sl=auto&tl=en&u=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.wegdamnieuws.nl%2Fnieuwsoverzicht%2Fsport%2Fitem%2F10891-mike-even-in-hengevelde-moet-je-op-je-eerste-groepstraining-de-bal-naar-wayne-roony-spelen

"The level there is really different, I think that few Dutch clubs will win there. Many physically strong players who can also play football really well! Derby is a club with a good youth department, our A1 became champion last season in a competition with, among others, Manchester City. We have 4 base players from our own youth in the team. For some, there is therefore interest from the Premier League. People think then; the 2nd level it will..."

8 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

I'm slightly disappointed by the cigarettes on the table. If nothing else, can't be good for fitness inhaling however much crap into your lungs. Hopefully they aren't his. 

Edit to add: looking at the article, there is a larger version of the picture, and a friend is sat next to him on the right. The stuff on the table is probably his friends, from where it is

8 minutes ago, Crazy said:

I'm slightly disappointed by the cigarettes on the table. If nothing else, can't be good for fitness inhaling however much crap into your lungs. Hopefully they aren't his. 

There's another picture lower down the interview and it's him and a mate - who is sitting opposite the fags. "Mike with his buddy Hamoudi"

10 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

The picture is captioned on the interview as "The Hengeveld defender in English service is at home with his parent Jan and Brigitte." So more likely one of them, or even the more likely the journo.

Those lassie dogs like a smoke also

10 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

"You suddenly play the ball to Wayne Rooney!"

Really good interview and some good pictures here:

https://translate.google.co.uk/translate?hl=en&tab=wT&sl=auto&tl=en&u=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.wegdamnieuws.nl%2Fnieuwsoverzicht%2Fsport%2Fitem%2F10891-mike-even-in-hengevelde-moet-je-op-je-eerste-groepstraining-de-bal-naar-wayne-roony-spelen

"The level there is really different, I think that few Dutch clubs will win there. Many physically strong players who can also play football really well! Derby is a club with a good youth department, our A1 became champion last season in a competition with, among others, Manchester City. We have 4 base players from our own youth in the team. For some, there is therefore interest from the Premier League. People think then; the 2nd level it will..."

Great link, Roy. I really like the way he describes our League as a Valhalla. Even from atraining, he realises he will have a fight on his hands every game. 

The three weeks he has already spent with us will be invaluable with the short pre-season. 

12 minutes ago, Crazy said:

image.thumb.png.117be56f1feeb60c0f2e6a8b9e23a1e1.png

It's likely his friends thankfully

Archived