Mike te Wierik

Sean

34 minutes ago, Jimbo Ram said:

Difficult to judge today as he had very little defending to do...

According to some posts everyone has been judged today including those injured, and the jury has reached a verdict that we are heading straight for the Conference. Enjoy your season watching DCFC 

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply
35 minutes ago, Anag Ram said:

So what’s the game with big Mike?

Brought in as a centre back but already shoved out on the right. Pretty innoccuous start. Comfortable on the ball but pretty safe in his delivery.

Is he the new Messiah or just a very naughty boy?

Despite the fairly poor performance from the whole team today I quite like what I saw from Mike. He was very vocal, particularly with Buchanan and we certainly need those types of players who are willing to help guide youngsters throughout games. He was comfortable on the ball but played it a little too safe at times. He often wanted to play it to Buchanan who had pushed further up nearer Barrow's left back but either didn't have confidence in his own ability to make the pass to someone under a bit of pressure or Buchanan's ability to control it and not lose it. Wasn't much to judge in terms of his defending because Barrow didn't attack much and when they did it was usually Evan's who was caught out/made a mistake. I think he'd do well in a back 4 partnering Clarke with Bird and Rooney in front of him. 

He looks good to me. 
calm, composed, comfortable in possession.

Te wierek, Evans and Clarke All look good. The 352 has potential but in typical Derby fashion, just as we acquire the centre backs that suit the system, we start planning to sell the young wing backs W ho are essential to make it work.

And we look to be on the cusp of signing a winger, despite the system not including a winger.

classic Derby. 

9 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

It's Plan B.

Why?

and even plan b has to have the players to make it work. I can’t see a credible right wing back other than bogle. 

He’s already said in an interview he has no ‘. ‘wingers’. Lawrence and waghorn are out. These are usually the wingers. So he’s using this system as it’s where it best utilises the squad he has. Once we sign a few or injuries improve I’m sure he’ll revert back to 433. He’s used this system lots in latter parts of the Ganes to see see them out. Mainly putting Davies on in the last 10-15 minutes golf the game

You just hit the nail on the head here.....

2 minutes ago, Derbyram1983 said:

He’s already said in an interview he has no ‘. ‘wingers’. Lawrence and waghorn are out. These are usually the wingers. So he’s using this system as it’s where it best utilises the squad he has. Once we sign a few or injuries improve I’m sure he’ll revert back to 433. He’s used this system lots in latter parts of the Ganes to see see them out. Mainly putting Davies on in the last 10-15 minutes golf the game

So if it’s our best option with the players we have......

It would actually suit Waghorn And Lawrence too, playing as central strikers. Drop Sibley back into midfield. Everything fits provided the wing backs are good enough. We’ve got the players. But we’re about to wreck it as a plan a, b, or c. 

Was impressed with Te Weirik today. He looks very comfortable on the ball with a good range of passing, and seemed pretty solid in defence too. Looks like a right footed Clarke which is exactly what we need in our system, so they should make a good partnership. He’s maybe not as good aerially, but he looks a little more mobile which will be good to have at CB. Probably too early to judge him fully mind as Barrow barely touched the ball

14 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

That's what Holmes said last game.

Wis when he gets fit is a decent RB at this level.

Wisdom is a centre back. He can play right back But he’s not a wing back.
We don’t know the extent of his injuries. We do know that he has had to have several operations.
He needs to be given time to recover from a very nasty attack, both physically and mentally. 

2 minutes ago, RamNut said:

We don’t know the extent of his injuries. We do know that he has had to have several operations.
He needs to be given time to recover from a very nasty attack, both physically and mentally. 

Oh yeah I forgot he couldn't play RB I was thinking of when he played for us before, my bad!

I said 'when fit'.

1 minute ago, RoyMac5 said:

Oh yeah I forgot he couldn't play RB I was thinking of when he played for us before, my bad!

I said 'when fit'.

So who is the alternative right wing back? 

6 minutes ago, RamNut said:

Dutch Mike plays fullback as well as centre back. He could easily be our right wing back imo with Wisdom at centre back. 

15 minutes ago, The Scarlet Pimpernel said:

Dutch Mike plays fullback as well as centre back. He could easily be our right wing back imo with Wisdom at centre back. 

He’s not a wing back. 
the wing backs are supposed to be the primary creative outlet. 

Bogle, Lowe, bird, knight, sibley are our class of 92

Te weirik, Evans, Clarke, Waghorn and Lawrence might just work well with them. It looks good on paper. 

we should be building around this group, playing a system that suits their strengths. We have a few others who are promising but are not yet fully defined as players - wilson, Whittaker, ebosele, Buchanan. These are a year or two further behind.

352 could also suit Marriott in a front two. It could suit lawrence and Waghorn. We just need a replacement for CM, and we need to snap out of this comatose endless passing across the backline.

What’s the obsession with 433? We’d need a brand new front three.

it doesn’t suit Lawrence or Marriott.
if we fund signings by selling the full backs then we need 5 new players. There isn’t the time, money or player availability to go on a Clement-like transfer binge. And the Ffp penny still hasn’t dropped. Spending isn’t an option. It’s a viscous circle.  

7 minutes ago, RamNut said:

Bogle, Lowe, bird, knight, sibley are our class of 92

Te weirik, Evans, Clarke, Waghorn and Lawrence might just work well with them. It looks good on paper. 

we should be building around this group, playing a system that suits their strengths. We have a few others who are promising but are not yet fully defined as players - wilson, Whittaker, ebosele, Buchanan. These are a year or two further behind.

352 could also suit Marriott in a front two. It could suit lawrence and Waghorn. We just need a replacement for CM, and we need to snap out of this comatose endless passing across the backline.

What’s the obsession with 433? We’d need a brand new front three.

it doesn’t suit Lawrence or Marriott.
if we fund signings by selling the full backs then we need 5 new players. There isn’t the time, money or player availability to go on a Clement-like transfer binge. And the Ffp penny still hasn’t dropped. Spending isn’t an option. It’s a viscous circle.  

vis·cous

/ˈviskəs/

adjective

having a thick, sticky consistency between solid and liquid; having a high viscosity.

"viscous lava"

A truly sticky situation ?

Archived