Why I Don't Think We Will Make The Play Offs

sage

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, brady1993 said:

I think Bird looked like one of the few players likely to get something going today. Not his best performance by any stretch but he's arguably been our best player since January and dropping him for Shinnie (who I think is a worse player) would be a mistake.

Agreed. Bird didn’t sparkle today, but you can’t drop him after one bad game. If you are thinking that way, you’d have a case for dropping the whole eleven. No one covered themselves in glory today. Not even some of our favourites like Martin and Forsyth.

Rooney was the most disappointing for me today. Everyone credits him for our turnaround. Where was that today? He didn’t step up, deliver and drive the team on like you would expect from a player of his calibre.

The fact that Ben Watson was made to look like one of the best players on the pitch today shows just how poor we were.

Realistically, with the current squad, I think we'd be achieving beyond our ability so to speak if we were to reach the play offs. Don't get me wrong I'd be over the moon if we did and hope we do so but I think we would be making up the numbers.

Having said that, if we get there with the run in we have, a case could be made that we deserve it regardless. 

9 minutes ago, Jourdan said:

Agreed. Bird didn’t sparkle today, but you can’t drop him after one bad game. If you are thinking that way, you’d have a case for dropping the whole eleven. No one covered themselves in glory today. Not even some of our favourites like Martin and Forsyth.

Rooney was the most disappointing for me today. Everyone credits him for our turnaround. Where was that today? He didn’t step up, deliver and drive the team on like you would expect from a player of his calibre.

The fact that Ben Watson was made to look like one of the best players on the pitch today shows just how poor we were.

Yeah Rooney was a bit off the pace today but that pretty much goes for everybody. Games like today happen from time to time, where you are just a bit off the pace. 

1 minute ago, brady1993 said:

Yeah Rooney was a bit off the pace today but that pretty much goes for everybody. Games like today happen from time to time, where you are just a bit off the pace. 

Spot on. It was inevitable that we'd turn in a leggy performance like that at some point in this frenetic run of games. Shame it was against the Gumps. The positive to it though is that we just about got away with it.

On 05/07/2020 at 05:30, jake the ram said:

Problem was the whole team were waiting for Rooney to do something.nobody else stepped up

Agreed. 

But was never really going to happen with him stood 10 yards behind our centre backs.

Tactically on Saturday they had us figured out and Cocu was too slow to react.

Holmes and Knight were completely ineffective from the off and it looked obvious that we needed to push Rooney further forward where he might actually affect the match.

On 29/06/2020 at 09:40, sage said:

I would disagree with the last paragraph as we now have clarity of thinking in the boardroom and we don't have a rampant egotist as manager.

That is true, but until it translates into a solid defence on the field it means nothing. Our goals conceded is diabolical, and shows no sign of improving. Saturday was  case in point.

West Brom will outrun and outshoot us. They have stuff to play for and we have lost motivation and key players and have lack of pace through the team. 

2 minutes ago, FindernRam said:

That is true, but until it translates into a solid defence on the field it means nothing. Our goals conceded is diabolical, and shows no sign of improving. Saturday was  case in point.

West Brom will outrun and outshoot us. They have stuff to play for and we have lost motivation and key players and have lack of pace through the team. 

My post was with reference to what would happen if we got promoted.

I am to some extent in agreement with your post in terms of our current position as per the original post in this thread.

1 hour ago, FindernRam said:

india what GIF by Ananya Birla

West Brom- 1-1 draw 

Brentford- 2-0 to the rams 

Cardiff - 1-0 to the rams

Leeds- 1-0 To the rams

Brum- 3-0 To the rams

Leaves us with 74 points and surely playoffs, easy peasy 

Cardiff play Blackburn, Fulham, Middlesbrough and Hull as well as us. Our run in is hard but Cardiff's is by no means easy. I don't see them slipping up against Blackburn but Fulham could prove to be difficult. Middleborough and Hull are scrapping for their lives, I wouldn't put it past them to get something from those games.

I reckon Cardiff will pick up 7 points from these remaining games so beating them is likely to be a must. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 06/07/2020 at 10:42, Jram said:

West Brom- 1-1 draw 

Brentford- 2-0 to the rams 

Cardiff - 1-0 to the rams

Leeds- 1-0 To the rams

Brum- 3-0 To the rams

Leaves us with 74 points and surely playoffs, easy peasy 

easy peasy you say

Archived