v Preston (A) - Matchday Thread

Bwash_Ram

4 minutes ago, SaintRam said:

If he doesn't come back, I imagine that's Bielik's spot. 

Te Wierek would slot straight in there, surely? We'd definitely need another CB if Clarke didn't come back though

• Replies 811
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Alpha said:

Very good and comfortable. 

I really hate the way Pearson tackles. I think thank God we don't have the nasty little fecker. 

And then I'm reminded we have Sibely who is also a little fecker. 

Funny when it's on your side innit?

Sky were applauding his recent disciplinary record. Did you know he hasn't been booked for 4 (four) games?! He's a good boy now.

Pretty good first half that. Started to get a bit more control on the game, and we’ve had some lovely pieces of interplay in midfield. Just haven’t really had that quality final ball/touch (though the seemingly slippy pitch doesn’t appear to be helping us in that regard).

We do need to be a bit more careful in defence though. We’ve given a few silly passes away, and Preston look very dangerous cutting through us on the counter. Need to keep things tight.

Just now, nuclear said:

Te Wierek would slot straight in there, surely? We'd definitely need another CB if Clarke didn't come back though

Yeah - I forgot about Wisdom ? 

Might see 3 at the back more often when Bielik is fit. 

Jumpy as a cat in a doghouse. This season has been such a crazy uphill task right from pre-season and I think I'm about as emotionally invested as I've ever been, almost to the point where it's hard to watch! Preston will come at us hard after the break so a second goal is a must really, if only to soothe my tattered nerves. 

Bit of a side note but I did wonder whether the break might have strangled our pre-Covid progress but whatever Phil's been doing in training, it's working. Win, lose or draw, we look a right handful at times. The fact that we've also shown we can win 'ugly' (or not pretty!) too bodes well. 

COYR

Just now, Andicis said:

Preston have got a proper snide team. Pearson's a twit, Huntington is a disgrace who stamps on 18 year olds, really don't like any of the cloggers.

Team in the image of their manager. 

5 minutes ago, Andicis said:

I thought Evans had a good half. Played some lovely passes out of defense. Clarke still poops me up though.

I wasn’t convinced of Clarke’s on-the-ball ability for a long time. 

Now I don’t worry at all. He’s brilliant. Takes the piss out of the opposition’s strikers at times.

3 minutes ago, DerbyRam! said:

Clear stamp on Sibley! Reshowing on sky, super clear

If he doesn't get punished by the FA after this game, it will be unbelievable 

Of course they won't 

Just now, DarkFruitsRam7 said:

Now I don’t worry at all. He’s brilliant. Takes the piss out of the opposition’s strikers at times.

His sweep into the centre of the pitch towards the end of the half from Max Bird's pass was more taking the piss out of us, than them. I think you're being generous to him. He can be pretty careless in possession.

Anybody else thinking that the lack of fans is really suiting Derby as its enabling them to play with patience without the fans getting at them to "shoot" or "do something" just because a goal hasn't gone in after 5 minutes.  Theres no panic playing etc and equally the opposition teams are lacking the urgency to get the  ball  back without fans getting on their backs or booing them when the rams make pass after pass. A playoff final in this atmosphere would make for a drab experience but could be what we need to make it over the line. Bit worrying however that we seem to be the only team to thrive in such conditions. Not sure what it says about our support!

1 minute ago, DarkFruitsRam7 said:

Cocu is the perfect coach for him really. Strong focus on one-on-one training and improving core skills. Just hope we can hang onto the lad tbf.

Archived