Middlesbrough Appoint Warnock

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Oh god, imagine finally being rid of Pulis, then having to watch Warnock’s hit and chase football a year later... mind, guess their fans are used to hoofing it by now. 

Still, he’s always been a good manager at this level especially for teams battling the drop, so they’ve given themselves a fighting chance.

3 minutes ago, AndyinLiverpool said:

Depends what you mean by 'brilliant character'. Other people don't interpret his behaviour as 'brilliant'.

He's entertaining. 

I love Philip Cocu, but if every manager was like him then football would be a lot less interesting.

3 minutes ago, DarkFruitsRam7 said:

He's entertaining. 

I love Philip Cocu, but if every manager was like him then football would be a lot less interesting.

Fair enough. Give me considered and thoughtful over ranting nastiness every time. I don't find Warnock in the least bit entertaining.

Desperate move from Middlesbrough, but ultimately the right one. 

Hiring Woodgate was absolutely nonsensical. He can barely string a sentence together, with nothing else to offer other than 'PASHUN', it was always going to be a car crash. It's just a shame it didn't result in a relegation. 

Warnock keeps Boro up, comfortably, in my opinion. He'll strip it back, go back to basics and get 4-5 wins. They still have a good squad, capable of the top six for sure. 

23 minutes ago, maxjam said:

Good move by 'boro tbh - will keep them up this season and have them challenging next season ?

You're probably right in that he will keep them up this season but no way do I see them challenging for promotion next season. Their squad is poor and not likely to improve.

2 minutes ago, Wolfie20 said:

You're probably right in that he will keep them up this season but no way do I see them challenging for promotion next season. Their squad is poor and not likely to improve.

It's worth noting that their youth academy is talented, so we may see a couple of faces through that. I also don't think it's beyond the realms of possibility that some of their players thrive under Warnock. I look at their team and to me it seems to have more talent than the likes of Preston, Forest, Blackburn and possibly even Cardiff. You could say that about the Stoke team too. 

4 minutes ago, Wolfie20 said:

I expect him to make them very hard to beat and claw them some way up up the table no matter how bad his players are.

I find him "love to hate" rather than genuinely hateful, the panto villain the championship.

Although his episode with the wolves fellah reacting to an apology by screaming f-off f-off then in his interview "i don't accept the apology"...very grown up of him...<and many more>

1 hour ago, AndyinLiverpool said:

Fair enough. Give me considered and thoughtful over ranting nastiness every time. I don't find Warnock in the least bit entertaining.

True.

Replace entertaining though with effective, if you can stomach it, Warnock has a proven record of being effective.

Not what I’d want to watch each week, Rowett ball was grin and bear it enough for me, but Warnock is probably a good fit given the nucleus of the squad were already used to playing similar under Pullis.

If you’re Gibson, you press panic a bit late and look for a get out of jail card, Warnock is his best bet.

58 minutes ago, Ambitious said:

It's worth noting that their youth academy is talented, so we may see a couple of faces through that. I also don't think it's beyond the realms of possibility that some of their players thrive under Warnock. I look at their team and to me it seems to have more talent than the likes of Preston, Forest, Blackburn and possibly even Cardiff. You could say that about the Stoke team too. 

Most of their academy due to graduate have been let go or are being released, they can’t afford to keep them as Pro’s, know that for a fact. Several are attracting interest from Championship clubs and north of the border. I’ve more connections at Boro than Derby ?

Archived