Middlesbrough Appoint Warnock

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 24/06/2020 at 10:02, The Orange Pimpernel said:

Really would like Boro down for obvious reasons but if they manage to take 12points from those games and stay up it will help the greater good which is us potentially going up.

Or keeping Forest in the playoffs . BAH HUMBUG. 

Leeds still have to win 4 more to better our 13/14 total, West Brom 5 and Brentford need to win 7.Cheated by the football gods BAH FOOKIN HUMBUG.

3 minutes ago, Wolfie20 said:

Well that's 3 points down the pan which Boro would have been banking on.

Oh dear!

I thought Luton were probably gone after the tonking yesterday, but they have loads of points to play for against those around them. Think Wigan are gone now as with deduction they have another six points to make up already. Boro have a tough run in . Millwall next, cardiff, Bristol city who will get the usual two game improvement with a different management team.  Blackburn who were robbed  by the ref yesterday. Two leeds goals shouldn't have stood and they had one ruled out for nothing.

If it was a level playing field without the Wigan debacle they would be gone .  As it is 7 points would probably save them.

Sith Happens
2 minutes ago, Seaside Ram said:

The excitement of seeing Gibson's face is building !!!!!! ?

I predict it will be a bit like this

giphy.gif

Mel's revenge on Gibson:

Melvyn urges the EFL to overturn the points deduction handed to Wigan as it's clearly unfair and against the spirit of fair play. As someone so keen to ensure sporting integrity - especially when pipped to a playoff place - Shortarse Steve will no doubt back our Chairman all the way on getting Wigan's 12 points reinstated.

12 minutes ago, Rampant said:

Mel's revenge on Gibson:

Melvyn urges the EFL to overturn the points deduction handed to Wigan as it's clearly unfair and against the spirit of fair play. As someone so keen to ensure sporting integrity - especially when pipped to a playoff place - Shortarse Steve will no doubt back our Chairman all the way on getting Wigan's 12 points reinstated.

The Wigan situation is a real doozie for the EFL, deduct the points and be complicit in an *alleged* league fixing fraud, or, don't and face challenges from clubs who were deducted points or were disadvantaged by wigan not be deducted (e.g. Barnsley). However the EFL proceed, they've got to be careful. I expect the EFL will probably go with the deduction, which is in the rules then investigate the allegations (probably concluding they should deduct wigan further points)

14 hours ago, Jourdan said:

Have you seen Wigan’s fixtures?

QPR, Hull and Fulham at home; Barnsley and Charlton away.

They might need 3-4 wins from 5. But they have got a fighting chance given their recent form.

Wigan have now become my second team in the championship if their success relegated Middlesbrough. 

They also have the friendliest stewards I've come across. 

Archived