Live football thread.

Rev

42 minutes ago, SKRam said:

Seriously what is the big deal with refs not having to explain their decisions after game. Are they alL Mossad ? 

I think most of us have felt frustrations with referee decisions, I certainly have felt at times I'd like to understand a decision that's been made, but for me referees already have a huge responsibility for a salary that is less a year than most players or premier league managers earn a week.

For that they get to be a verbal punchbag if they are the 4th official, or take it from players and have their performances analysed as much, if not more than players do.

I reckon forcing them to have to face the media, who are likely to have analysed their decisions from multiple angles,  is really just going to be an exercise in pulling them apart publicly.

I just don't see any good coming of it. Maybe if referees can go away,  review their decisions from multiple angles prior to the media questions then it might be a worthwhile exercise, but the media would demand it after the game,  and while the referee tries to explain his decisions some bright spark is going to be delighting in showing back footage that a big team of people have spent the game reviewing.

It would be like having a trial with a prosecution but no defence. 

In my opinion anyway. 

19 minutes ago, Sith Happens said:

I think most of us have felt frustrations with referee decisions, I certainly have felt at times I'd like to understand a decision that's been made, but for me referees already have a huge responsibility for a salary that is less a year than most players or premier league managers earn a week.

For that they get to be a verbal punchbag if they are the 4th official, or take it from players and have their performances analysed as much, if not more than players do.

I reckon forcing them to have to face the media, who are likely to have analysed their decisions from multiple angles,  is really just going to be an exercise in pulling them apart publicly.

I just don't see any good coming of it. Maybe if referees can go away,  review their decisions from multiple angles prior to the media questions then it might be a worthwhile exercise, but the media would demand it after the game,  and while the referee tries to explain his decisions some bright spark is going to be delighting in showing back footage that a big team of people have spent the game reviewing.

In my opinion anyway. 

Agreed. Don't see the point in it. They get so much poo already, and I think people should just realise it's probably a really difficult job.

26 minutes ago, Sith Happens said:

In my opinion anyway. 

Well written @Sith Happens fair points, I’m still in angry and frustrated mode after yesterday, I’m not sure when I’m going to enjoy a football match again just now. Prem refs are paid well I’m sure (what do they earn?) but making split second judgements when you have to deal with Harry Kane dives  all the time must be a mare. 

9 minutes ago, SKRam said:

Well written @Sith Happens fair points, I’m still in angry and frustrated mode after yesterday, I’m not sure when I’m going to enjoy a football match again just now. Prem refs are paid well I’m sure (what do they earn?) but making split second judgements when you have to deal with Harry Kane dives  all the time must be a mare. 

I think with match day fees it tops out at about 70k.

A good salary of course that I'm sure most of us on the forum would be delighted with. 

I don't know either, I'm not enjoying football right now and I don't think its just because we are rubbish.