Live football thread.

Rev

10 minutes ago, ariotofmyown said:

All you morons who moan about decisions all the time, hope you are happy. Farce of a match.

Me thinks the football is getting in the way of the VAR sh!t show. We just need a proper howler as a finale like the disallowed Liverpool goal. L1 football, crap refs, Saturday 3pm kick offs and no VAR, bliss.

35 minutes ago, Yoxoram said:

The Spurs fans gave a lesson in how to support your team. A lot better than some I could mention.

The support is almost always reflected by what happens on the pitch. Spurs have every reason to be thrilled with their situation as they have a really likable manager who will play aggressive, attacking football. 

Man Utd, in contrast, play crap football and are ponderous. It’s hard to get behind that.

Newcastle, Liverpool, Spurs, Arsenal, City, Brighton and Villa are all playing decent stuff. Then you have teams like Brentford who are playing good stuff but still have the underdog tag. It’s easy to see why fans get behind that.

When support goes toxic it’s because it’s a mixture of crap football and underachieving. Derby have fallen into both of those categories so it’s no surprise there have been more than a few grumbles. 

54 minutes ago, Yoxoram said:

The Spurs fans gave a lesson in how to support your team. A lot better than some I could mention.

I feel for them. 

A sterling effort by all given the ignominy of a top 3 premier league place, 73 straight years of top flight action bar 1 season and a couple of league titles, 6 FA cups, 4 League cups and a UEFA cup within that time to keep them entertained.

Watched the game, For me it was a farce, VAR is now taking control of the game, what was a 92/93 minute game a few years back has turned in 120+mins, Neville forensically ripping into every tackle/challenge to give his 5 Penarth worth, No doubt there was more after the game had finished with that scouser giving his opinion...I was off to bed, Some people like to see this...I don't, Why would I want some ex footballer telling me what I've just witnessed.

VAR and those that operate it are killing the game...imo

1 hour ago, The Last Post said:

Watched the game, For me it was a farce, VAR is now taking control of the game, what was a 92/93 minute game a few years back has turned in 120+mins, Neville forensically ripping into every tackle/challenge to give his 5 Penarth worth, No doubt there was more after the game had finished with that scouser giving his opinion...I was off to bed, Some people like to see this...I don't, Why would I want some ex footballer telling me what I've just witnessed.

If I wanted to see people looking at a television screen for half an hour I’d watch gogglebox.

57 minutes ago, The Last Post said:

It was ridiculous. And the problem is, the more scrutiny they come under, the more decisions they will micro analyse. Far too many on field decisons were checked yesterday. I agree with Postecoglu, you will soon end up with matches being controlled from a person miles away watching it on a screen, all the while the authority of the ref is rapidily diminished. In all of that, they completely ignored Sterling diving!

Why would you as a ref make a big decison now? Horrible.

Kinda enjoyed last night from a football perspective. 

First off for all the times we criticise Sky etc for their annoying kick off times, this was a really good bit of scheduling. A local game, everyone else has played, both teams need the win, atmosphere in the ground…it helped make it a bit more of a spectacle to the viewer with minimal impact to the logistics to either club. To me it’s exactly what you want from a Monday Night Football game and it’s a bit of a lesson that it’s not about getting x amount of games on tv, but putting games on that people want to see in the right slot.

Secondly I really enjoyed how Tottenham went about it, they couldn’t stop how Chelsea were going to be go about it but they introduced doubt into Chelsea and it very nearly paid off if Son had got his shot off better. It was entertaining, which was what football should be.

The VAR stuff just doesn’t work, it won’t because there’s too much jeopardy in most goals that get scored in the prem. Someone will always find fault somewhere. I didn’t think it was too bad last night tbh, but I do think that maybe if the game is 2-2 or 3-2 to either side at HT and Tottenham are a player down and considering everything I said in the first bit, it might have set up a better game of football second half rather than it being an entertaining mess.