v Millwall (A) - Matchday Thread

Bwash_Ram

• Replies 710
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Was gonna say I’m almost certain neither Martin or Huddlestone will play given their contract situations. Probably the right move, although it weakens us, there’s no point having players on the pitch who aren’t in the right frame of mind. Not quite sure why we’ve left it so late to sort the contracts out mind. 

Pretty much exactly the lineup I was expecting, and it looks a strong one so long as Waghorn plays well enough.

Just now, Millenniumram said:

Was gonna say I’m almost certain neither Martin or Huddlestone will play given their contract situations. Probably the right move, although it weakens us, there’s no point having players on the pitch who aren’t in the right frame of mind. Not quite sure why we’ve left it so late to sort the contracts out mind. 

Pretty much exactly the lineup I was expecting, and it looks a strong one so long as Waghorn plays well enough.

I'm not sure why they wouldn't be in the right frame of mind.....surely they would both be biting at the bit to prove their worth?

We will definitely be weakened by their absence as you say 

Just now, kash_a_ram_a_ding_dong said:

I'm not sure why they wouldn't be in the right frame of mind.....surely they would both be biting at the bit to prove their worth?

We will definitely be weakened by their absence as you say 

It wouldn’t be that they wouldn’t try I’m sure... but you only have to watch David Luiz the other night to see how a player can get distracted by contract talks. It’s an uneasy situation when your contract runs out in just over a week, and you might not be here to see the season out. Hopefully both get their contracts sorted next week.

2 minutes ago, Millenniumram said:

I think it is telling of how the contract talks are going with Martin on the bench and Huddlestone isn't in the squad at all. 

Also think we will see Martin at Home and Waggy upfront away. 

Just now, Millenniumram said:

It wouldn’t be that they wouldn’t try I’m sure... but you only have to watch David Luiz the other night to see how a player can get distracted by contract talks. It’s an uneasy situation when your contract runs out in just over a week, and you might not be here to see the season out. Hopefully both get their contracts sorted next week.

David Luiz plays like that most weeks though ?

Just now, rynny said:

I think it is telling of how the contract talks are going with Martin on the bench and Huddlestone isn't in the squad at all. 

Also think we will see Martin at Home and Waggy upfront away. 

To be fair we really don’t have any other strikers with Marriott out injured, so Martin has to be on the bench really whereas we have plenty of midfield cover so we can afford to leave Huddlestone out. I also get a feeling that Huddlestone will be more of a coach than a player if he signs a new deal, which wouldn’t be the case for Martin.

Agree on the second point btw, though I’d almost be half tempted to go the other way around - shows what I know!

Archived