v Millwall (A) - Matchday Thread

Bwash_Ram

• Replies 710
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, whiteroseram said:

I feel like Bielik at CB in this side would give us the option of occasionally playing a longer pass from the back, make us much less predictable 

He's certainly unpredictable. 

HT 1-1. Need to be a bit more aggressive in possession I feel like, but also needs to be said that Rowett's style of play is pretty perfect for playing against a style like Cocu's.

Happy enough so far.

2 minutes ago, whiteroseram said:

I feel like Bielik at CB in this side would give us the option of occasionally playing a longer pass from the back, make us much less predictable 

Pointless with Rooney there - centre half’s who can head the ball in this league to be honest 

5 minutes ago, Orphanram said:

Sibley has been a class above. I actually don’t get the Will Hughes comparison (I love WH by the way). Hughes is a much more of a midfield schemer who wants to play with the game in front of him. Sibley is one of those mercurial in between the lines types of player. To make an over exaggerated claim at this stage of their respective careers, Hughes is more like a Robert Pires, whilst Sibley is more Bergkampesque 

Yes because Hughes is a blonde, left-footed, wirey, midfielder with great vision and errrrm Sibley is . . . Oooooh . . . 

Martin for Waghorn please. Knight for Lawrence maybe. Rams 75 percent possession. We we still need a more direct option, ring Rowett for details. Let us hope that Te Wierk can dominate the box, ideally with another no nonsense CH.

Just now, Andicis said:

We've played some beautiful one touch football at times. I wish Bogle would hit a cross first time and I feel Martin for Waghorn would improve us. Sibley is unreal.

Martin holding up the ball and we’ll score for fun here. 

Playing some great stuff, whatever happens this season you can see how Cocu is trying to mould this team and how we play is a joy to watch........that is hard work on the training ground

in what has been a difficult season i hope the Cocu doubters can see the progression

Rooney has made a massive difference....................poohouse Rowettball v Cocu's Rams.......only one winner there in the long term

13 minutes ago, RamNut said:

will hughes impression by sibley to weave through.

To be honest the wriggling dogged  terrier running, tidy feet and peachy finish makes me think Scholes ( and he can leather a ball too ) brilliant. 

5 minutes ago, RamNut said:

We are just lacking the final ball. I'd like to see knight for lawrence or holmes.

Knight for Holmes all day long.

Holmes strolled into shot to help when Bogle was left two on one for their goal. He doesn't stay wide and he doesn't link with Bogle.

Both teams living dangerously by playing into each others hands.

Millwall giving us all the time in the world around their box while we’re gifting them counter attacking opportunities every 5 minutes. There’s goals in this and one side is going to be gutted.

Makes a good game to watch if you’re a neutral but I’m a Derby fan having a panic attack every time they get a corner ?

5 minutes ago, Ellafella said:

Yes because Hughes is a blonde, left-footed, wirey, midfielder with great vision and errrrm Sibley is . . . Oooooh . . . 

As I said I think Will Hughes is brilliant, one of my favourite Derby players. IMO they play a different type of game whilst sharing similar qualities, as most good players do whether they are a defender, midfielder, winger or striker.

We've played some excellent passing but it's be nice now and again to see someone drive with the ball at them.

Take a gamble & be a bit more direct. Feels like we get in a good position & go backwards too much. 

Wisdom should be getting his body across in them situations. If you're going to get done for pace get across & make him push you in the back ?

Overall pretty good half of passing football. Typical Rowett tactics to site back then break 

Archived