Season tickets

Woodley Ram

• Replies 816
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Seems like the right move to make in light of the news coming out about potentially having a reduced capacity ground, at least to start with, next season. I suspect we will have to rethink how we sell tickets for games next season - it may even be the case that season tickets don’t exist for the new campaign. 

Very close to the deadline to announce such a thing though - I’m glad I left renewing until the last minute this year!

7 minutes ago, RamLad1884 said:

Got a really horrible feeling about this. Think we're the only club to do this in the league right? 

I really think it's all down to the potential reduced capacity and therefore stopping further sales so that they don't sell too many.

1 minute ago, Tamworthram said:

False alarm. I think it was because I started it on my Ipad but then decided to do it on my laptop instead. All done

Either that or someone has just been and removed the cardboard cut out Osama Bin Laden from your seat.

3 minutes ago, Millenniumram said:

Seems like the right move to make in light of the news coming out about potentially having a reduced capacity ground, at least to start with, next season. I suspect we will have to rethink how we sell tickets for games next season - it may even be the case that season tickets don’t exist for the new campaign. 

Very close to the deadline to announce such a thing though - I’m glad I left renewing until the last minute this year!

My guess is that season tickets will continue to exist but they don't want to sell more than their permitted capacity and therefore are stopping further sales. Then, if/when the capacity can be increased they will start to sell season tickets again (pro-rata cost of course) for the remainder of the season.

What I don't understand is why they haven't stopped them immediately but are not suspending until mid day tomorrow. maybe they haven't sold to the reduced capacity yet but think they might by tomorrow.

16 minutes ago, RamLad1884 said:

Got a really horrible feeling about this. Think we're the only club to do this in the league right? 

Who knows without checking every other clubs websites/Twitter accounts. Besides, someone has to be first. 

Also, if it down to reduced capacity, not all clubs would have to suspend season ticket sales. Not every club will have such a high number of ST holders. 

Our season tickets account for 2/3 of our stadium capacity. It's obvious there's not going to be away fans anytime soon and if I'm honest, it's probably best there isn't any for the duration of the season. People don't show up to every game as it is. So with maximum season ticket allocation, we'd only get sub 20,000 every week.

Club need to make a proper statement. 

3 minutes ago, Uptherams said:

Our season tickets account for 2/3 of our stadium capacity. It's obvious there's not going to be away fans anytime soon and if I'm honest, it's probably best there isn't any for the duration of the season. People don't show up to every game as it is. So with maximum season ticket allocation, we'd only get sub 20,000 every week.

Club need to make a proper statement. 

Well they have haven’t they? Go on the website and it’s all there. I really don’t know what more you expect them to say at this moment in time.

Sith Happens

what a great marketing strategy,  announce suspension of sales loads of people rush to renew immediately 

Sith Happens
1 minute ago, G STAR RAM said:

Was thinking the same earlier!

Fine from the EFL announced tomorrow?

not sure,  if you needed to suspend sales why not immediately ?

Sith Happens
1 minute ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

If clubs only sell a 3rd of season tickets for next season, things are really going to bite hard for clubs.

I'm astonished the EFL havent announced a relaxing of the P&S rules.

Clubs will literally start going out of business.

the EFL don't care

1 hour ago, Abu Derby said:

There is no information whether or not the 20% refund option will still apply after tomorrow. Why do they never give you all of the detail on their website?

Maybe because all the details haven't been finalised as they wait to here what attendances will be allowed next season.

They've only just announced the suspension of sales so, give them a chance. 

Archived