Season tickets

Woodley Ram

43 minutes ago, DCFC1388 said:

Ive dug out the email and applied for the discount, anyone know how long it will take to apply? 

If it doesnt apply in time for me to renew tomorrow will i get the discount refunded?

I've just done the same and renewed at the full price - email reads that they will credit you.

• Replies 816
  • Created
  • Last Reply
13 minutes ago, Uptherams said:

Current broadcast rights are garbage for the EFL and Championship. Mel's a spearhead for the shakeup and it can't come soon enough. Off the top of my head, £90m a season for the Championship until 2024. Proper streaming service could earn Championship clubs 5X that, easily, just from subscriptions. Nevermind sponsorships and advertising. 

It's not just the Championship.

I read an article a while back that said if each PL team charged £100 quid a streaming ST home and away, divided equally they'd bring in 4x more than domestic and foreign rights combined.

Clubs get a fourfold increase in TV money, fans pay a tenth of the current rate. Everyone's a winner.

3 hours ago, Carnero said:

May I ask why you renewed now Mucker, I thought you were waiting until FINAL final deadline?

Is it in case no more STs will be sold if we happen to have maxed the number that can attend when crowds are first allowed to return?

Precisely for that reason.

Had no intention to renew so soon, until I came on here at tea time and saw the latest announcement.

I know full well it's a gamble on my part, but I'm not averse to a bit of a gamble... particularly if I can afford to lose!

I'm gambling on the current rumours of one third capacity being close to the eventual truth, and that we are closing in on that number for Season Ticket sales.  I'm guessing the club would prefer to allow all (10,500) season ticket holders in, rather than having us all fighting over who gets to watch Forest on the Saturday, or get lumbered with Charlton on the Tuesday, because we've sold 17.000!
I prefer to gamble properly, rather than just lob my name in a tombola!

If it gets announced later this week that the season will start (Or say fans allowed from October) with one third capacity, so let's say 11,000, and I am one of 10,500 STH's, then I'm a winner!  I'm in!

If it get's announced later this week that we have been awarded a nice big juicy 20 point deduction, and will be starting next season in The old 3rd Division, then I won't exactly be a winner, but as I'm in the cheap seats (Cat D), with a 10% reduction, then £352 for 3rd div football ain't the end of the world.  And let's face it, that's about as bad as it could get!  Not ideal, but even knowing that scenario, I almost certainly would have renewed anyway.

Without today's announcement, I certainly would have waited, but somethings cracked off?
I am a little confused as to why they have given notice, and not just suspended with immediate effect, but for now at least, I'll treat that as being more exciting than worrying!  ? 
They haven't brought the deadline forward remember... they have suspended sales... or rather they plan to, at high noon, tomorrow.
I expect some big announcement by the end of the week... it better be good news!  ?

50 minutes ago, sage said:

How rude. I shall think about writing a letter of complaint and then be too lazy to do it.

reminds me of a mate many years ago waiting 2 hrs for a dominos pizza. We drove down to collect them in the end.  Always remember him telling the bloke behind the counter, if i wasn't such a fat b*****d i'd never use your establishment again.

I guess they are pretty sure it will be 1/4 or 1/3 capacity and if we had only had say 3000 renewed before today, the club would be confident that at least another 1000 would renew but not more than 5000.

7 minutes ago, reverendo de duivel said:

It's not just the Championship.

I read an article a while back that said if each PL team charged £100 quid a streaming ST home and away, divided equally they'd bring in 4x more than domestic and foreign rights combined.

Clubs get a fourfold increase in TV money, fans pay a tenth of the current rate. Everyone's a winner.

Simon Jordan has been arguing the case for a while, regarding PL. He says 40 million global customers already. £20 per month equates to just under £10bn per season. In the UK, to watch all available PL games, it costs just shy of £1000 ?

Some saying they'll have to wait until all broadcast deals end. They're bad business people. PL should get a proper service ready. Market it. Get tens of millions of people signed up on an annual subscription paid upfront and then use that money to buy themselves out of all the remaining contract's, whilst still being able to pay clubs what they otherwise would have earned. Then level up. 

EFL and Championship should do the same. I don't know the details of the structure of the EFL hierarchy. But I can almost guarantee that there are a handful of corrupt individuals who are being paid on the side, to maintain the status quo. 

Championship club owners are wealthy. They need to pool their resources, do the same in terms of setting up everything they need to be able to stream every single game simultaneously and everything that goes with it, get the fans on board financially and offer to pay off the remainder of the contracts. If it fails, the fans get a refund and the project sits on the shelf until the time is right. 

3 minutes ago, Uptherams said:

Simon Jordan has been arguing the case for a while, regarding PL. He says 40 million global customers already. £20 per month equates to just under £10bn per season. In the UK, to watch all available PL games, it costs just shy of £1000 ?

Some saying they'll have to wait until all broadcast deals end. They're bad business people. PL should get a proper service ready. Market it. Get tens of millions of people signed up on an annual subscription paid upfront and then use that money to buy themselves out of all the remaining contract's, whilst still being able to pay clubs what they otherwise would have earned. Then level up. 

EFL and Championship should do the same. I don't know the details of the structure of the EFL hierarchy. But I can almost guarantee that there are a handful of corrupt individuals who are being paid on the side, to maintain the status quo. 

Championship club owners are wealthy. They need to pool their resources, do the same in terms of setting up everything they need to be able to stream every single game simultaneously and everything that goes with it, get the fans on board financially and offer to pay off the remainder of the contracts. If it fails, the fans get a refund and the project sits on the shelf until the time is right. 

It's definitely going to be the future, after all if a regional championship side can provide such a decent offering, there's no reason the rest of English football won't follow.

1 minute ago, sage said:

I guess they are pretty sure it will be 1/4 or 1/3 capacity and if we had only had say 3000 renewed before today, the club would be confident that at least another 1000 would renew but not more than 5000.

Whilst I'd agree with your theory, I can't see the numbers being right, otherwise, why announce a suspension with figures of c.4000 ST's sold by noon tomorrow?  Without announcing a further extension to the renewal period, I'd imagine we'd have all been renewing next week anyway?

I suspect... with absolutely no logic, I may add... that we have more like 7-8000 already sold, and they hope another 2-3000 by tomorrow, (because of today's announcement) thus satisfying their target of 9-11000?

?‍♂️

Just now, Mucker1884 said:

Whilst I'd agree with your theory, I can't see the numbers being right, otherwise, why announce a suspension with figures of c.4000 ST's sold by noon tomorrow?  Without announcing a further extension to the renewal period, I'd imagine we'd have all been renewing next week anyway?

I suspect... with absolutely no logic, I may add... that we have more like 7-8000 already sold, and they hope another 2-3000 by tomorrow, (because of today's announcement) thus satisfying their target of 9-11000?

?‍♂️

You may be right with the numbers. It's the principal. They want more income,but are pretty confident they won't go over the target number. 

Just now, reverendo de duivel said:

It's definitely going to be the future, after all if a regional championship side can provide such a decent offering, there's no reason the rest of English football won't follow.

Unfortunately the future isn't an acceptable time frame. I've seen many supporters of this suggest around the end of the decade. Like what. There will be people on Mars before this. There should be an incentive to get this ready for the 2021-2022 season. Crazy as it may be, football could become one of the UK's biggest international assets in terms of trade. 

I genuinely believe that the PL could garner Netflix levels of subscription. Disney + managed over 50 million in half a year. The Championship/EFL could get double digit millions too. 

This is all before StarLink has an impact globally. Imagine paying £200 for one of their satellites. So you can pretty much access the internet anywhere in the world at 750 mb/s. Then all you do is sign up to the PL and or EFL app. No wired TV connection, no broadcast deal, no broadband or phone connection. There will be people who won't even have running water in their homes who will have StarLink. 

9 minutes ago, Uptherams said:

Unfortunately the future isn't an acceptable time frame. I've seen many supporters of this suggest around the end of the decade. Like what. There will be people on Mars before this. There should be an incentive to get this ready for the 2021-2022 season. Crazy as it may be, football could become one of the UK's biggest international assets in terms of trade. 

I genuinely believe that the PL could garner Netflix levels of subscription. Disney + managed over 50 million in half a year. The Championship/EFL could get double digit millions too. 

This is all before StarLink has an impact globally. Imagine paying £200 for one of their satellites. So you can pretty much access the internet anywhere in the world at 750 mb/s. Then all you do is sign up to the PL and or EFL app. No wired TV connection, no broadcast deal, no broadband or phone connection. There will be people who won't even have running water in their homes who will have StarLink. 

You'd definitely need a flushing toilet before signing up to RamsTV for another season!

11 hours ago, Mucker1884 said:

Had no intention to renew so soon, until I came on here at tea time and saw the latest announcement.

I know full well it's a gamble on my part, but I'm not averse to a bit of a gamble... particularly if I can afford to lose!

I'm gambling on the current rumours of one third capacity being close to the eventual truth, and that we are closing in on that number for Season Ticket sales.  I'm guessing the club would prefer to allow all (10,500) season ticket holders in, rather than having us all fighting over who gets to watch Forest on the Saturday, or get lumbered with Charlton on the Tuesday, because we've sold 17.000!

If it gets announced later this week that the season will start (Or say fans allowed from October) with one third capacity, so let's say 11,000, and I am one of 10,500 STH's, then I'm a winner!  I'm in!

If it get's announced later this week that we have been awarded a nice big juicy 20 point deduction, and will be starting next season in The old 3rd Division, then I won't exactly be a winner, but as I'm in the cheap seats (Cat D), with a 10% reduction, then £352 for 3rd div football ain't the end of the world.  And let's face it, that's about as bad as it could get!  Not ideal, but even knowing that scenario, I almost certainly would have renewed anyway.

Without today's announcement, I certainly would have waited, but somethings cracked off?
I am a little confused as to why they have given notice, and not just suspended with immediate effect, but for now at least, I'll treat that as being more exciting than worrying!  ? 
They haven't brought the deadline forward remember... they have suspended sales... or rather they plan to, at high noon, tomorrow.
I expect some big announcement by the end of the week... it better be good news!  ?

I've renewed and don't see it as a gamble (unless you're talking about catching the virus).

If we are unable to attend the club will have to refund. I read the terms and conditions again last night and, although it was late, believe the wording around "being unable to guarantee" or whatever it says relates to games being played on a specific time and day. So, whilst I 99% don't think it will ever come to it and DCFC refused a refund, I would go down either chargeback or section 75 refund from my credit card. (Can you tell I'm battling to get a refund from Virgin Atlantic?).

11 hours ago, B4ev6is said:

I want what I paid for that is to watch Derby play again. They will open all of pp.

I very much doubt the the ground will be fully open for some time.

You can stamp your feet as much as you like B4 but you'll just have to accept it.

12 hours ago, Mucker1884 said:

I've had a think about it and have decided to continue to wait.

I'd rather know what I'm signing up to first, if its arriving at the stadium 2hrs before kick off, remaining in the stadium for a good length of time after the final whistle, wearing a mask, no close interaction with anybody, no toilet breaks, etc, etc then you can count me out. I'd rather skip a season and return when it's more like normal.

Granted doing this risks not being able to attend, losing my seat, losing my discount so whichever option people are choosing comes with potential downsides.

I renewed a while back and asked about the money back from last season 10% for me and they said the information would follow. I got an e-mail with my Rams TV code on and a form to fill in for the 10% back. My lad who I also got his ticket wanted a 20% refund but he hasn’t heard anything about that. I haven’t had my 10% refund either. I know it must be difficult but I don’t think things are clear either.

27 minutes ago, Van Gritters said:

I renewed a while back and asked about the money back from last season 10% for me and they said the information would follow. I got an e-mail with my Rams TV code on and a form to fill in for the 10% back. My lad who I also got his ticket wanted a 20% refund but he hasn’t heard anything about that. I haven’t had my 10% refund either. I know it must be difficult but I don’t think things are clear either.

It did say it may take a few months to process refunds on the page.

However, the club again asks for supporters’ patience and understanding whilst processing the above which in the case of refunds could be several months.

https://www.dcfc.co.uk/news/2020/06/Derby-county-refund-and-exchange-policy

I wasn’t going to renew this season as age and health mean I’m unable to get to games. I was feeling really upset by this as I’ve only been in a position to buy one for the last few years.

After this announcement, I’ve thought about it again. If I buy, depending on circumstances, they will a) refund b) offer discount on streaming c) do nothing. First 2 fine, last one it becomes a charity donation to the club!

I can live with that so I’ve just renewed.

Archived