Season tickets

Woodley Ram

Same as a few of the posters above, decided i didn't want to risk not getting the chance to go to PP if they allow the rumoured 11k so renewed mine and the kids.

Now to relax, enjoy the closed season and hope we will be back in the stadium asap.

• Replies 816
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Was going to renew today, gutted, hope I get chance to still get my seat I have had fof the last 15 years. Why can u go shopping with face masks on, but not the football, travel with face masks on with people next to you, for 2 hour plus journey's but not go to stadiums with them on, a bloody joke it is, rant over. 

Will be gutted if I miss some off the new season due to this. 

2 hours ago, Tamworthram said:

I've renewed and don't see it as a gamble (unless you're talking about catching the virus).

If we are unable to attend the club will have to refund. I read the terms and conditions again last night and, although it was late, believe the wording around "being unable to guarantee" or whatever it says relates to games being played on a specific time and day. So, whilst I 99% don't think it will ever come to it and DCFC refused a refund, I would go down either chargeback or section 75 refund from my credit card. (Can you tell I'm battling to get a refund from Virgin Atlantic?).

I was referring to the financial side of things, gamble-wise, although I fully trust DCFC to see me right, should things not go to plan.

Good point about the gamble referring to the virus... that's not what I meant, but you are right, that in itself would be a gamble, and at this stage, I'm not even certain it's one I'm comfortable with!  "Being allowed to" is not the same as "Being comfortable with", of course, hence why we've still not been camping, in a pub/restaurant etc.  Some appear to be fine with "getting back to normal asap", but we're still hanging back a bit for now, see how things go! 

8 minutes ago, Derby blood said:

Was going to renew today, gutted, hope I get chance to still get my seat I have had fof the last 15 years. Why can u go shopping with face masks on, but not the football, travel with face masks on with people next to you, for 2 hour plus journey's but not go to stadiums with them on, a bloody joke it is, rant over. 

Will be gutted if I miss some off the new season due to this. 

Anybody taking such a journey voluntarily, or as a hobby, would be foolish in my book.  (I'm thinking "essential travel only" type scenarios.

Even with social distancing and severely reduced capacity, I suspect masks may still be in order, inside the football stadiums.
When shopping, you are highly unlikely to be sat close to someone for 2 hours, however often "a close but brief encounter" happens in the loo roll aisle! 

12 minutes ago, Mucker1884 said:

Anybody taking such a journey voluntarily, or as a hobby, would be foolish in my book.  (I'm thinking "essential travel only" type scenarios.

Even with social distancing and severely reduced capacity, I suspect masks may still be in order, inside the football stadiums.
When shopping, you are highly unlikely to be sat close to someone for 2 hours, however often "a close but brief encounter" happens in the loo roll aisle! 

Are you talking about 2 hours in the stadium? In which case you won't be that close, at least a metre and at least it's out doors.

3 hours ago, Van Gritters said:

I renewed a while back and asked about the money back from last season 10% for me and they said the information would follow. I got an e-mail with my Rams TV code on and a form to fill in for the 10% back. My lad who I also got his ticket wanted a 20% refund but he hasn’t heard anything about that. I haven’t had my 10% refund either. I know it must be difficult but I don’t think things are clear either.

I renewed yesterday and my lads 20% discount was automatically applied to the price before renewing whereas I’ve paid full price and applied for the 10% discount from the email link.  I assume that will get credited at some point 

Having been quite relaxed and always intending to renew by the deadline - last nights announcement prompted me to renew our season tickets!

Reduced capacity, mask or no mask, points deduction or not, if Derby are playing at home and I can, I want to be there.

Sure I’ll be sensible, I’ll follow the health rules and all the instructions and guidance required. 

TV plays its part and I’m grateful to have been able to watch the games since the return of the football ....but there’s no substitute for being at the game and that buzz that you share with thousands of other people when Derby score!!

1 hour ago, Tamworthram said:

Are you talking about 2 hours in the stadium? In which case you won't be that close, at least a metre and at least it's out doors.

Yeah, sorry.  Wasn't very clear!

I was responding to the "Why can u go shopping with face masks on, but not the football, travel with face masks on with people next to you, for 2 hour plus journey's but not go to stadiums with them on, a bloody joke it is, rant over" quote.

I took that (rightly or wrongly) as a suggestion that a mask alone would suffice at the football, without the need to reduce capacity (Which I would wholeheartedly disagree with). 
The 2 hours was in response to that mentioned re sitting on a train.
I tried to infer that the poster was using a poor comparison, comparing "Essential shopping/travel" with a mere game of football, hence the reason why we are allowed to do the shopping/travel, but not, as yet, go to the football.

1 hour ago, NG2Ram said:

Was going to renew this morning, but missed out because they closed the renewals early without warning. Strongly worded email sent to the club, not that it will do any good.

No.  No they didn't. 

There was an official announcement on the official DCFC website yesterday.  First mention of it on here appears to have been on page 33 of this thread, timed c. 5pm.
Not a lot of warning, admittedly, but warning nonetheless.  

5 hours ago, Tamworthram said:

I've renewed and don't see it as a gamble (unless you're talking about catching the virus).

If we are unable to attend the club will have to refund. I read the terms and conditions again last night and, although it was late, believe the wording around "being unable to guarantee" or whatever it says relates to games being played on a specific time and day. So, whilst I 99% don't think it will ever come to it and DCFC refused a refund, I would go down either chargeback or section 75 refund from my credit card. (Can you tell I'm battling to get a refund from Virgin Atlantic?).

Virgin Atlantic are sitting on £4,500 of mine as well ! but I wasn’t able to renew my season ticket as the website keeps saying it doesn’t recognise my email address ( yet they send me emails) 

41 minutes ago, Mucker1884 said:

No.  No they didn't. 

There was an official announcement on the official DCFC website yesterday.  First mention of it on here appears to have been on page 33 of this thread, timed c. 5pm.
Not a lot of warning, admittedly, but warning nonetheless.  

They did stop taking renewals before 12 though. Tried at around 11...

36 minutes ago, Sparkle said:

Virgin Atlantic are sitting on £4,500 of mine as well ! but I wasn’t able to renew my season ticket as the website keeps saying it doesn’t recognise my email address ( yet they send me emails) 

If you use Gmail.com, check your registered address isn't an older Googlemail.com one.

39 minutes ago, Sparkle said:

Wrong password maybe so you can’t login? Might just be worth clicking forgot password. 

7 hours ago, Van Gritters said:

I renewed a while back and asked about the money back from last season 10% for me and they said the information would follow. I got an e-mail with my Rams TV code on and a form to fill in for the 10% back. My lad who I also got his ticket wanted a 20% refund but he hasn’t heard anything about that. I haven’t had my 10% refund either. I know it must be difficult but I don’t think things are clear either.

We are in the same situation as you and whilst I am trying to be patient in waiting for my 10% back and for my husband to hear how to apply for his 20%, I am aware that people renewing since these announcements were made have been able to renew with the discount applied.

The club has already had our full money since early March, so I feel like we're being a bit short-changed in having to wait so long for our refunds. 

Archived