Rate the last film you saw partie deux

Ovis aries

The Death of Stalin 8/10

Great fun. Written by Armando Iannuci (The thick of it) and so inevitably blends political insight with a wicked sense of comedy.

Great cast who obviously enjoy their roles as the bungling (and terrified) survivors of the death of the most ruthless of dictators.

Black comedy at its very best.

My wife took some convincing to go and see it but thought it was really good.

Goodbye Christopher Robin

6/10 - everything was pointed out for you. 

What a strange man A.A.Milne was, and what awful parents he and his wife were. Both unrelentlessly driven by ego and what others thought long before any thought was given to their son. What a disaster Winnie was for all so close to the story. Yet it brought happiness to many others.

Edited by Norman

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Just watched Wild Geese again , what a great film 

Richard Burton . Richard Harris, Roger Moore , Hardy Kruger the list goes on 

A genuine all action film that the whole family loves to watch  

Edited by JG400

Valerian and the city of a thousand planets 7/0- Interesting concept and an entertaining film overall.

A Ghost Story 8/10- You'll either love it or hate it. I loved it. You feel rewarded at the end.

Annabelle Creation 9/10 After the abismal first offering of Annabelle,a 4/10 at best, this was a real classic horror.

The Way 7/10. A gentle, tear jerker of a movie.

• 3 weeks later...
On 08/10/2017 at 09:15, TimRam said:

I am probably going to be in the minority here but Blade Runner 2049 was one of the dullest films I have ever seen...of any genre, never mind sci-fi. I was a big fan of the 1982 version so after seeing 5/5 reviews and high % on Rotten Tomatoes, had big expectations here. Trust me, even the 1982 cityscape look was done much better than this reboot. Very strange and seems like others watched a totally different film. Don't get me wrong, I knew this was going to be at the same pace as the original but that seemed like 100mph compared to Blade Runner 2049.

3/10. 1 for the fit hologram, 1 for Harrison Fords appearance and 1 for the all too brief "action".

Ive heard its dull too.

2 hours ago, AmericanRam said:

The Disaster Artist-

Absolutely fantastic, pretty funny in places and James Franco is great. It helps if you have seen the movie 'The Room' on which it is based, but even if you haven't, I highly recommend it.

9.5/10.

Yeah really enjoyed it. I think I liked it more as I've seen the room a number of times.

• 3 weeks later...