Rate the last film you saw partie deux

Ovis aries

I really liked the first planet of the apes movie with James Franco. Wasn't that keen on the 2nd, partly because James Franco wasn't in it, but obviously being 10 years on I understood the reasoning behind it and it was still a good movie.

Looking forward to the 3rd one (released tomorrow in MX). Jason Clarke isn't in it, so I'm guessing it's again set a further decade on.

Sith Happens
12 hours ago, Jimbo Ram said:

War of the Planet of the Apes...ok, 5 13 year old girls in the row behind wouldn't stop talking so had to get up and tell them to shut up which didn't help. First Planet of the Apes film I have seen. 7/10.

This is something I hate about going to the cinema, if its not talking its rustling papers or popcorn or slurping drinks.

At least at the one in the Intu you don't end up with someone's big head blocking your view who won't sit still.

1 hour ago, Paul71 said:

This is something I hate about going to the cinema, if its not talking its rustling papers or popcorn or slurping drinks.

At least at the one in the Intu you don't end up with someone's big head blocking your view who won't sit still.

Don't get me started on rustling sweet papers, crisps and pop corn in the cinema......whoever thought this process complements trying to listen to and follow a film needs their head testing. A real bone of contention for me...

Thought Dunkirk was incredible. Claustrophobic, chaotic, and really disorientating. Very cleverly done. Reminded me in some ways of Son of Saul which is the best film about Auschwitz I've seen.

That style of giving no context and telling it like it is really works for me when watching a film I want to learn something from.

Just been to see Dunkirk. I think its been over hyped. Left me feeling a bit flat, found some of the characters a bit unreal so I never made any connection with them . I got a better understanding of events and the emotions of the troops involved from reading first-hand accounts.

Sith Happens
On 27/07/2017 at 07:59, Angry Ram said:

Just seen 47 meters down.. Basically 2 birds in a shark cage panicking for 90 mins.

Not too taxing but I love a shark film.. 6/10

Yes there is just some'fin' about them.

• 2 weeks later...

Had a marathon recently.

One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest - 10/10 hands down one of the best films I've ever seen. Bought the book as well.

Apocalypse Now - 8/10 - Weird. Epic. Feels like too much film to take in in a single viewing.

American Beauty - 8/10 - A bit pretentious, but love me some Kevin Spacey and a great dark comedy.

Inception - 5/10 - Just plain stupid with zero character depth. Great special effects. 

Sith Happens

Alien Covenant 6/10 - Better than Prometheus, at least I could understand what the flip was going on.

Problem is thse films are just re hashes of Alien which despite the naff (compared with today) effects was a fantastic film.

Enjoyed it though and no doubt will be at least one more linking up to the original film.

Fassbender does a great job and is very creepy.

War of the Planet of the Apes - 8/10

very emotionally driven film. I was sceptical going into the cinema, having loved Rise but found Dawn a bit too much 'boom boom' and not enough story. 

This is what Dawn should have been. Amazing that talking monkeys are completely believable by the end of the film. I wasn't watching Andy Serkis in a mo-cap suit, he was Caeser.

I really enjoyed it.