Music Derby have run out to

Joeheadland

4 minutes ago, Derbados said:

U2 - where the streets have no name 

used it during the John Gregory era, remember it well as it was my first ever Derby game against Blackburn. We won 2-1 and Ravanelli scored a filthy free kick. 

was right behind the goal, lovely 

YES. I was in the east stand for this with my dad. Just remember looking into the away stand and seeing a sea of blue and white away fans 

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

She’s a river By Simple Minds was played quite a lot as the players came out in 96/97 season last year at Baseball Ground. 

Also remember U2 from John Gregory, also used live version  of Waterfront by Simple Minds. This was when the music used was far better than the football!! 

Changing subject the most ridiculous thing I have ever seen was a half time performance of YMCA by a Village People tribute act. Where did I see this?

Thats right....the City Ground in 98/99 van hooijdonk’s first game back and Carbonari equaliser and all that. 

On 08/03/2020 at 13:31, rebb1 said:

I'm convinced DCFC came out to 'Spudnik' by the Ventures around the early sixties, I was in the boys pen at the BBG at the time so my memory is a little bit cloudy!!!

It was a futuristic instramental, which was Number 1 in 1962

Can anyone confirm

No idea .. but I love Telstar by the tornadoes ? same era 

21 hours ago, cstand said:

Lets just run out no music, no handshakes, no kneeling, let both sides warm up, captains shake hands then with officials. I would keep mascots and local charities.

Sound like something like Mike Tyson would did if Derby manager

#getintoem #fuckemup

Way back when (August 1972) The Rams ran out to "We are the Champions, champions of them all, we are the champions always on the ball.... " it was sung by a different football team and was frankly embarassing when we hit the crest of a slump! 

I understand that the song was superseded by Queen's song of the same name but we haven't been champions since Freddie sang that one.......yet!

10 hours ago, IslandExile said:

Think this was said when the topic was first started but it was - and should be again - the Dambusters theme.

Stirring and synonymous with Derbyshire, great lyrics added by our fans - creating a genuine atmosphere, not a manufactured one.

Hardly great lyrics (we all xxxxing hate Leeds) unless there is a version I don’t recall.

The music the team runs out to, and therefore becomes a bit of an anthem, shouldn’t be about another team. Shame really as it is a stirring tune.

31 minutes ago, Tamworthram said:

Hardly great lyrics (we all xxxxing hate Leeds) unless there is a version I don’t recall.

The music the team runs out to, and therefore becomes a bit of an anthem, shouldn’t be about another team. Shame really as it is a stirring tune.

Ok. There's another version:

"we all xxxxing hate Reds/Forest"

Darude - Sandstorm definitely got played in the build up to games for a bit, although probably before the teams came out.

Biggest musical memories for me at Derby are the times after winning, almost on the last blast of the final whistle, James Brown - I Got You (I Feel Good) belting out, and prior to and then a couple of times subsequently, Dexy's Midnight Runners - Geno. Those two really remind me of being at matches whenever I hear them

The Clash - White Riot and The Housemartins - Sheep both got played before matches around 2008/09.

Think last time I went Welcome to the Jungle by Guns 'n' Roses was offending my ears.

Archived