Season ticket renewals (Deadline extended)

Tamworthram

• Replies 207
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 minutes ago, Hector74 said:

Yeh and we're not out of the woods yet. Who would have thought when morris took over we could be in a relegation fight 

Yea there's another quite extensive thread on this matter so why the need to post it in here 

Funnily enough its entitled Relegation 

28 minutes ago, MACKWORTHRAM said:

Always down to the police. I presume it's cos supporters essentially have 2 hours left of drinking time. 

The game will finish about 3 and the police will try and get everyone on the train back straight away to avoid them going into Derby town centre at night.

Leeds is out last home game. You just know they'll be promoted by then and they'll come here for a party. Which makes me feel sick ?

Not always down to the police. Sky got the upper hand last season with our home florist game moved to Monday night if I remember correctly, which is useless if u have a 7 year old on a school night. 

59 minutes ago, MACKWORTHRAM said:

First time in 26 years of having a season ticket that I'm considering not renewing.

Not because of where we are in the league because we've been in a lot worse states and I've never considered not going. 

One thing is I don't really know what's going on at this football club at the minute. Investment is ongoing? Then the guys company gets wound up? We could do with Morris coming out and explaining. He doesn't need to name names. Just reassure fans about this investment which is quite clearly needed. 

But the main thing is football in general. It's turning into a TV Sport. Our last Saturday home game at 3pm was on the 15th February. We now have no more. That is absolutely disgusting. Midweek games on the red button are ruining it. People won't rush to get home from work, look out the window it's cold, wet and windy. It's so easy to just stay at home and watch it. I'm it saying this is something I would do, but people will. If you want to look at the state of football and what this red button is doing. Wigan took 50 fans to Reading midweek. Yes I know Wigan are a small club. But 50 fans? That's wrong. 

Last night me and a friend were watching the football and we're discussing this. So we went over the 23 home games. 

This season out of 23 home games:-

Saturday 3pm kick off - 7

Date or kick off time moved for TV - 6

Midweek games - 6

Saturday 1pm (Police reasons) - 2

Sunday (moved because FA cup game on a Thursday) - 1

Easter Monday - 1.

You can see all midweek games on TV and 6 games that were originally at 3pm on a Saturday got moved either by date or kick off time for TV. 

So that means out of the 23 home games this season. You could have watched 11 on TV.

Say an average ticket price for our games over a season is £25. (It may be more) but my season ticket is £432 which works out at an average of £19 a game. 

So if you watched the 12 games on TV and bought tickets for the 11 that weren't on TV at an average of £25 a game. That would cost me £275 a season. Saving me £157 (Based on my season ticket being £432)

Football is being ruined by TV. It's as simple as that and it's breaking me.

I know people who work shifts. Who aren't renewing cos of it. They've rightly said that they can watch most on TV and the ones that aren't they'll get a ticket for. They still wouldn't miss a game either by being there or watching at home and in this day and age when money is tight (I live by myself) £157 is a lot of money.

Agree with your post.

If you didnt get a season ticket though, would you become one of them people watching the games on tv?

3 minutes ago, Remy the hare said:

Not always down to the police. Sky got the upper hand last season with our home florist game moved to Monday night if I remember correctly, which is useless if u have a 7 year old on a school night. 

The original comment was based around the start time of a game on Saturday being moved back from 3pm to noon, the postulate being that this would then reduce the amount of time fans would have for drinking before the game presumably then with the outcome that this would then potentially  reduce any unruly behaviour or disturbances.

1 hour ago, Abu Derby said:

I’ve never understood the reason for playing Forest at 12 noon. 
Because supporters have more time to drink? It’s a pathetic excuse. 
So for about 500 fans who may be effected by alcohol, the other 31,000 have their day ruined. 
Absolutely no need for it at all. 

You would hope there was some data behind the 1pm kick off times and actual evidence it reduces trouble at the match.

It does make sense to me, if those extra 2 hours means quite a few people are going to have an extra 4 pints, that is when things will get more aggro.

It's not specific troublemakers, just when a large crowd contain a lot more people with 4 more beers down them, the potential for trouble increases.

47 minutes ago, Remy the hare said:

I'm the same mate. My son is almost 7. When games get moved to Friday night he can't go because he has football early in the morning. We don't get home till gone half 10 and he just doesn't wake up for football. If you have to wake him when he's not had enough kip he's knackered for the whole day 

3 hours ago, Millenniumram said:

Price freeze, and everything exactly the same as last year by the looks of it, in terms of discounts, sale periods etc. Haven’t made a big deal about them going on sale with videos etc like in previous years, unsurprisingly given how this season has gone, but fair play for not putting the prices up. I’m due the biggest renewal discount as well which is pretty decent.

What's this about renewal discount? I've had a season ticket since Mac 1, but my ticket is the same price as everyone else in my pricing band (blue). Unless each letter has been tailored to each individual ticket holder.

2 hours ago, RamNut said:

Undecided. It’s a lot of money.

Me too. I never realised till today that my seat is in a quite expensive area of the east stand. I could move and save £100, for 2 of us that £200 saving could be put to good use. Plus now we seem to be living in the middle of a rainforest we keep getting wet 

Archived