Coronavirus

1of4

1 hour ago, G STAR RAM said:

Its not up to the Government to tell people when to go back to work, that will be up to the individual employer. I'm assuming most of them will have the common sense not to order employees back to work until the correct measures are in place.

It's up to the Government to say yay or nay. For one thing, insurance could become invalid if the Government say nothing.

• Replies 19.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
19 minutes ago, AndyinLiverpool said:

It's up to the Government to say yay or nay. For one thing, insurance could become invalid if the Government say nothing.

The Government have already advised on the 20th March which business should close.

For the businesses that have not been told to close and, where employees can not work from home, employees should actively be encouraged to return to work.

It is not up to the Government to say when these employees should return  to work, as the Government did not close these businesses down in the first place.

22 minutes ago, SchtivePesley said:

Got to wear face-coverings in shops and on public transport

Some people are surely going to be fuming about this.

That is funny tbf. 

But what isn't, is that there is negligible evidence it actually keeps people safer. Seems more about people 'feeling' safer, whereas I don't know about you but getting on a tube full of people with masks on sounds like a zombie horror film. 

2 minutes ago, Chester40 said:

That is funny tbf. 

But what isn't, is that there is negligible evidence it actually keeps people safer. Seems more about people 'feeling' safer, whereas I don't know you but getting on a tube full of people with masks on sounds like a zombie horror film. 

The theory is that wearing masks makes other people safer - if you have the virus and wear a mask, you're less likely to pass it to other people you come into contact with. Wearing a mask won't protect you from the virus and may increase your chances of catching a dose as you're likely to touch your face more if you have a mask on.....

I still find it odd that you can sit in, and share a park with potentially hundreds of other people (at safe distance - until you need to go for a pee) but I can't go and sit in my parents' garden and have a chat with both of them at the same time.

38 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

The Government have already advised on the 20th March which business should close.

For the businesses that have not been told to close and, where employees can not work from home, employees should actively be encouraged to return to work.

It is not up to the Government to say when these employees should return  to work, as the Government did not close these businesses down in the first place.

There is, apparently, official written government guidance that all employers need to receive before they can return to their premises. 

23 minutes ago, SchtivePesley said:

Got to wear face-coverings in shops and on public transport

Some people are surely going to be fuming about this.

My 'for my own good' house arrest is being extended indefinitely, it seems, as I suspected would happen. I think that I will be taking my chances come July, and hope that I don't become too much of a burden to you all if I become ill.

1 minute ago, Eddie said:

My 'for my own good' house arrest is being extended indefinitely, it seems, as I suspected would happen. I think that I will be taking my chances come July, and hope that I don't become too much of a burden to you all if I become ill.

Are you under house arrest Eddie? You never said? ?

12 minutes ago, AndyinLiverpool said:

There is, apparently, official written government guidance that all employers need to receive before they can return to their premises. 

Only if they have been told to close their premises in the first place.

Businesses that have closed of their own accord will not.

45 minutes ago, Van Wolfie said:

I still find it odd that you can sit in, and share a park with potentially hundreds of other people (at safe distance - until you need to go for a pee) but I can't go and sit in my parents' garden and have a chat with both of them at the same time.

I don’t see the difference and no doubt you would more than likely be far more careful. Also if you haven’t got any symptoms are you ok anyway? Go for a test before you go just tell them you’re a key worker I don’t think they check. Say you work for the council on the bins. 

54 minutes ago, Van Wolfie said:

This is getting really screwed up now, 

Apparently on Wednesday--not before- I alone can visit my Grandchildren in a park, not their garden. After lunch my wife  can visit the same Grandchildren. At the same risk of infection, For some reason we are not allowed to do it together.

I suspect that this is deliberate confusion on the part of the government and somewhere behavioural psychologists are saying that a confused population will mainly err on the side of caution where if they were ORDERED to stay away they might rebel. Poor analogy but mini roundabouts are safest because no-one knows the rules!

9 minutes ago, FindernRam said:

Apparently on Wednesday--not before- I alone can visit my Grandchildren in a park, not their garden. After lunch my wife  can visit the same Grandchildren. At the same risk of infection, For some reason we are not allowed to do it together.

I suspect that this is deliberate confusion on the part of the government and somewhere behavioural psychologists are saying that a confused population will mainly err on the side of caution where if they were ORDERED to stay away they might rebel. Poor analogy but mini roundabouts are safest because no-one knows the rules!

Do you think it’s the Government making this up or these scientists who have mainly got most things wrong. 

28 minutes ago, FindernRam said:

You and the wife can go together and just get one of your grandchildren sent to meet you! If the child can't drive, they can get public transport.

Where does the rest of children/grandchildren have to be located during the meeting? Can the be in the same park? Can they be in the same county?

You could meet with one grandchild whilst the other one sees your wife. Then swap over. Ideally on different sides of a river bank.

You and the grandkid should cross first, then you leave the child there, but bring the wife back. Then you stay where you are, and wife goes back and picks the other grandchild up. No, that won't work as your wife will eat the grandkid if she is left with them. Just try to stay alert.

3 hours ago, G STAR RAM said:

Made themselves look very silly.

Jumped the gun and started publishing information that had not been confirmed by the Government. 

Today have reverted to blaming the Government for mixed messages and no clarity.

Unfortunately people fall for the rubbish that they put out.

got to agree they really fell for the rubbish the government under Boris puts out

3 hours ago, JuanFloEvraTheCocu'sNesta said:

The national press should be embarrased. They framed this week as some sort of grand liberation on the scale of when the Allies liberated Paris from Nazi Germany in WW2 and it was never in a million years going to be that.

We all deserve a better standard of journalism.

or could it be that journos were briefed/leaked and then there was a slight change of plan... This is what the journos seem to say and obviously they would say that. But on the other hand it would not be the first time that the plan changed at the last minute, herd immunity anyone ?

or could even be a bit of both!

Archived