Coronavirus

1of4

2 minutes ago, rammieib said:

Derby is listed differently isnt it?

I'd be interested to know hospital emissions and discharges and capacity at the Royal Derby. is that advertised anywhere?

BBC says 343 confirmed cases in Derby.

Not sure if this is active cases or cases that have been closed too.

Spoke to a friend who works at the Royal Hospital early last week and it didnt sound too bad, not sure if that has changed since the numbers have increased.

• Replies 19.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

BBC says 343 confirmed cases in Derby.

Not sure if this is active cases or cases that have been closed too.

Spoke to a friend who works at the Royal Hospital early last week and it didnt sound too bad, not sure if that has changed since the numbers have increased.

I'm pretty sure they are the total tested as positive so far and won't include people who have been discharged.

I assume the 696 for Derbyshire will include Burton, Chesterfield and any places in the Peaks? 

1 minute ago, rammieib said:

I'm pretty sure they are the total tested as positive so far and won't include people who have been discharged.

I assume the 696 for Derbyshire will include Burton, Chesterfield and any places in the Peaks? 

Think that would be right but not sure.

Leading on from @Angry Ram's recent post I too now find myself with a conundrum. I have an annoying amount of beer left in the fridge, 5 bottles to be precise. This morning I decided I'd have a night off and now I realise that this was a terrible, terrible mistake. I'm not going to get a delivery now so my question is, is it ok to nip to the shop, putting my family's and many other people's health at risk, just to buy beer?

Yay or nay?

4 minutes ago, rammieib said:

Why would it include Burton? Or should that be Buxton??

Just now, Pastinaak said:

Leading on from @Angry Ram's recent post I too now find myself with a conundrum. I have an annoying amount of beer left in the fridge, 5 bottles to be precise. This morning I decided I'd have a night off and now I realise that this was a terrible, terrible mistake. I'm not going to get a delivery now so my question is, is it ok to nip to the shop, putting my family's and many other people's health at risk, just to buy beer?

Yay or nay?

The guidance from the Government is clear isnt it? 

Basically what you are asking is are you ok to ignore Government advice.

Not really sure anyone should be saying yes to this but then calling other idiots for doing it.

FWIW I am in no way against people doing what they think is sensible, just not sure why you want to get other people to legitimise it!

5 minutes ago, Pastinaak said:

Yay or nay?

I have seen many people buying beer.

Just now, RamNut said:

Why would it include Burton? Or should that be Buxton??

It did say Burton but looking at Gov, it doesn't fall under Derbyshire. I assumed it would as the same trust runs both hospitals.

I'm surprised that Derbyshire has a population three times as big as Derby but will depend where you live. I'm in Aston on Trent, so South Derbyshire but would obviously use the Royal hospital.

3 minutes ago, Pastinaak said:

Yay or nay?

I now order once a week from Beers of Europe, and once a fortnight from Belgiuminabox - this is despite having several hundred bottles in the house AND a number of home-brew kits in reserve.. Forward planning is a good thing,

4 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

The guidance from the Government is clear isnt it? 

Basically what you are asking is are you ok to ignore Government advice.

Not really sure anyone should be saying yes to this but then calling other idiots for doing it.

FWIW I am in no way against people doing what they think is sensible, just not sure why you want to get other people to legitimise it!

That's a nay then? That's 2 nays. The other being Mrs Pastinaak. Although she did say that the only person's health I'd be damaging by making that decision would me mine, because she'd kick my teeth in before I got out the door.

15 hours ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

91 People cleared of the virus in Korea have been re-tested having recovered.  They have it again, some are re-developing symptoms. This apparently means the virus is staying in the system longer and hiding away, or they are actually re-infected.  This is very concerning.

Better tell Hancock to send those 17.5m tests back if this is the case. This is the possible nightmare scenario that prevents any sort of herd immunity being reliably developed. 

6 minutes ago, Van der MoodHoover said:

Better tell Hancock to send those 17.5m tests back if this is the case. This is the possible nightmare scenario that prevents any sort of herd immunity being reliably developed. 

'Herd immunity' has only ever been a catchy slogan, and is meaningless in the short term because it relies on something like 75% of the population - say 50 million people - catching the virus in a very limited timeframe. 

27 minutes ago, Pastinaak said:

Yay or nay?

It’s a yay from me. CO OP is open. They have put loads of stickers on the floor so you can keep a good distance. The Spar has arrows around the shop so you can avoid people. I think buying beer is an essential.

4 minutes ago, Pastinaak said:

That's a nay then? That's 2 nays. The other being Mrs Pastinaak. Although she did say that the only person's health I'd be damaging by making that decision would me mine, because she'd kick my teeth in before I got out the door.

No, not a no from me at all.

I'm fine with people applying common sense across the board, hence why I wont jump on the media bandwagon and slate people for sitting in a park nowhere near other people.

Perhaps you could kill 2 birds with 1 stone and do your weekly shop whilst getting your beers to save another trip to the supermarket?

1 hour ago, rammieib said:

I'm not 100% on this but would have thought it would be reported on at a patient level so would go against their registered address, so although Burton based patients would be seen at a combined Derby and Burton Hospital Trust, they would be recorded as Staffordshire patients (if they live in Staffs).

2 hours ago, Chester40 said:

I think the point is...if someone spilt their drink down me, I would assume they would apologise. Or if they were drunk and obnoxious, that's what I would see them as. 

Vapers do sometimes produce huge mushroom clouds of sickly 'smoke' that you very much feel like you are directly inhaling from them and they seem totally oblivious and that it is perfectly reasonable behaviour. Smokers will now keep their distance generally, will be apologetic and see it as 'anti social' in some way. I have been stood a few times with a friend eg on a train platform, near someone vaping and we have both kinda looked at each other and moved away...the smell is very strong and when its blown out and then you feel like you are very much tasting it, I personally don't like it. 

You reacted quite angrily to the original post ..so would I say they are just like drunk drivers? or even making my life a misery? No.  But it's something I find a little unpleasant though. 

Fair enough but there s every bit as much chance that a drunk that spills his drink on you is going to want to fight you rather than apologise ,

yes I do get a bit miffed and react when people jump on others without thought to the fact what they do themselves might be unpleasant to others too ,,, i would be very happy to be banned from vaping in public in exchange for drinking in public to be banned too but in the main although I find being around drinking unpleasant I suck it up and don’t moan about cause you kind of have to give and take a bit in life

1 hour ago, Eddie said:

I now order once a week from Beers of Europe, and once a fortnight from Belgiuminabox - this is despite having several hundred bottles in the house AND a number of home-brew kits in reserve.. Forward planning is a good thing,

Do you vape??

Archived