1of4

• Replies 19.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
42 minutes ago, i-Ram said:

Sobering stats about this disease. Just downloaded from BBC webpage:

Breakdown of UK patients in critical care

Richard Warry - BBC News

An analysis of 3,883 Covid-19 patients admitted to 229 critical care units in England, Wales and Northern Ireland up to Thursday has been published by the Intensive Care National Audit & Research Centre.

93.2% had previously been able to live without assistance in daily activities.

Examining the final outcome for patients admitted to critical care, for the 133 aged 16-39, 23.3% died

Myth busting stats if ever there was. 

Am both hugely relieved and quite embarrassed.  My mother has gotten her test results, they were negative for the virus.  The fever she felt she had was non existent, her apparent dry cough had cleared up yesterday and she is right as rain and the weakness she felt on Thursday can be attributed to exercises she did in her day program.  Thank you to all who showed care through emoji's and a special thank you to @B4ev6is who has been in constant pm contact with me.  You are a terrific human being.

12 minutes ago, ramit said:

Am both hugely relieved and quite embarrassed.  My mother has gotten her test results, they were negative for the virus.  The fever she felt she had was non existent, her apparent dry cough had cleared up yesterday and she is right as rain and the weakness she felt on Thursday can be attributed to exercises she did in her day program.  Thank you to all who showed care through emoji's and a special thank you to @B4ev6is who has been in constant pm contact with me.  You are a terrific human being.

At least you got a test to say one way or the other. All we get to do is isolate and a lot of the time for no reason.

I went out for my walk today, along the canal and round the local village. 

There is definitely a problem with a small % of teens and early 20's. 

Groups of teenagers hanging about the canal and generally not giving a stuff. 

A lot of cars passing me in the village were youngsters. 2 in the front, 2 in the back looking moody, you know the type. 

Do they still think its an over 70's problem. Selfish bamfords. 

While im on it,  people that vape whilst on their walks without the social intelligence to realise what they are doing as their clouds of sweet smelling crap waft into people's faces. ?

55 minutes ago, ramit said:

Well I am just glad I was able to help and I am here for everyone.

34 minutes ago, CWC1983 said:

A lot of cars passing me in the village were youngsters. 2 in the front, 2 in the back looking moody, you know the type. 

While im on it,  people that vape whilst on their walks without the social intelligence to realise what they are doing as their clouds of sweet smelling crap waft into people's faces. ?

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-8143385/Coronavirus-NOT-spread-vape-clouds-unless-e-cigarette-user-coughs.html

3 hours ago, Van Gritters said:

My sister and brother in law both sent a picture of them in their PPE they weren’t complaining apart from my sister said she couldn’t see bugger all because her mask kept steaming up.

True heroes. Thank them.

1 hour ago, CWC1983 said:

Where are you? In Derbyshire somewhere?

13 minutes ago, rammieib said:

True heroes. Thank them.

I don’t think they would want any special recognition. They are in it all together. It did hit home when my mother sent me a photo of them in all this PPE. They aren’t in ICU but all parts of the NHS carry on and they have to deal with what they get. I am proud of them too.

18 minutes ago, Van Gritters said:

I don’t think they would want any special recognition. They are in it all together. It did hit home when my mother sent me a photo of them in all this PPE. They aren’t in ICU but all parts of the NHS carry on and they have to deal with what they get. I am proud of them too.

They don’t want it because they are incredible selfless people. Either way - my heart goes out to them. All I can do - all most of us can do - obey the rules and don’t put ourselves or others on danger.

37 minutes ago, CWC1983 said:

Barrow , Leicestershire. 

Sad to say but I’m missing my drive to Beaumont Leys for work every day. I’ve seen the police drive through our village a couple of times - maybe contact your local force, their quite good on twitter these days to be fair.

Archived