Radio Derby

Norman Hull

I think they should have allowed the show to go ahead but made a brief statement at the start saying something along the lines of the following "in view of the ongoing investigation (is it still going on?) It wouldn't be appropriate to discuss the matter live on air and therefore won't be taking any question on the subject at this time" 

The show could then have focused on football matters. Imagine that, a sports phone in actually about sport? 

Some might still say that would be a cowardly way out but I think it would have been a reasonable way forward. 

• Replies 494
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Pearl Ram said:

I think you have to do it via a PM (private message) to the moderator who issued the warning as they are not allowed to discuss such things on the open forum.

I don't think he has realised that this is the Radio Derby forum. No wonder Coles has given him a warning. He should be glad Ian Hall is on annual leave.

Alan Partridge interviewing the old Olympians all those years ago. One of the old ladies says something a little bit like Ramage's comment. Partridge says 'You can't say that' to her.

And, as has been suggested on here already, the difference between that segment from that comedy show and our real life version may be why RD may be rather quiet on the matter just now, and may have opted to pull the talk in.

Archived