Jayden Bogle - the football thread

IslandExile

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 17/02/2020 at 09:47, Bald Eagle's Barmy Army said:

Trouble is with Bogle, he thinks he’s already made it when in fact, has he even started? 

Yes he’s a good player but he has so much more to learn. 

It would have been great to get a £10m + bid in for him but he’s got too many weaknesses and his attitude is one of them and this is why nobody has made a serious offer for him  

He needs to forget about his appearance for a minute and think more about putting effort into his job. 

All of the above is your opinion, and isn't fact.

On 17/02/2020 at 11:36, Bald Eagle's Barmy Army said:

I've already metioned it in my first post in this thread. It seems like you read every post on here so I'm surprised you've missed it. 

You didn't make your opinions very clear, it was all a bit vague, hence the questioning

On 17/02/2020 at 18:04, Bald Eagle's Barmy Army said:

It’s not just his hair, he’s been told not to wear his socks over his knees but he does what he likes. He’s also told not to wear gloves (club policy) but he still does. 

When you finally offer evidence to back up your opinion you say it's because of gloves and socks ???  Jesus wept...  What's he meant to do to ensure fans take him seriously, keep the same haircut he had when he was 12???  All I see with that kind of behaviour is a young lad being interested in fashion, just like most 19 year olds.  Pulling your socks up, and wearing gloves to keep out the cold doesn't smack of bad attitude anymore than it smacks of someone with poor circulation...

My two cents, he's nowhere near the finished article, and most young fullbacks in the modern era are suspect when it comes to actually defending due to how the games played, young defenders attract interest due to how they attack, not how they defend.  Trent Alexander Arnold is lauded as being a generational talent, yet he's still caught out on plenty of occasions, but he's got the best defender in the world to back him up.  Last season Bogle had an experienced and rather pacy centre half in Keogh to cover for his lapses in concentration, so it's not like this season's errors are a new thing.  If he was 28 and making these kind of mistakes I could understand everyone's frustration, but he's just a kid.  Maybe he could do with being dropped for a few games to help him refocus, only Cocu sees him day in day out, but lets not right him off entirely based on a spot of iffy form, and fresh haircut FFS

10 minutes ago, Boycie said:

He’s probably rebelling like all 18/19 year olds do.

The penny will drop soon, give him time and support.

Next well be hearing he's gone and got a tattoo! 

It's all well and good belittling these rules, but if (and I reiterate IF) it is company policy not to wear gloves (presumably outfield players!) and/or not stretch the socks over the knees, then by doing so, one is breaking with club policy, end of.

Some folk "MUST" wear shirt, tie and jacket to work.  Some are not allowed to wear excessive jewellery (not always a H&S issue).  Some can only wear black shoes.  And yes, even some can have restrictions on their hairstyles (EG No grading/shaved patterns etc)... or visible tattoos etc. 
Some footballers are told to wear "official club uniform" for away trips, whereas some are allowed civvies. 
The list really is endless.

I'm not saying I agree... or disagree... with the club rules... if indeed that's what they are... But if rules are in place, and players are breaking them, then management does need to look into the why's and wherefores, before anarchy ensues! 

Personally, if I was manager, I'd also make footballers wear black boots only, with the following exceptions (Either, not all!):

Played for the club for 10 years+
Have made 300+ appearances for the club
Have scored 100+ goals for the club
Have scored 50+ international goals and/or gained 50+ international caps... all whilst playing for the club.
Have a World Cup Winners Medal.

Just now, Mucker1884 said:

No laughing at the back... (Yes @SaintRam, I'm looking at your reaction!)  I'm deadly serious!!  I really would!!  

Your seriousness is what makes it funny to me ?

Has anybody else thought that we could chuck him into midfield and see if he could do a job in Holmes position? The lads got pace, likes to run and players and has got a shot on him!

Sorry for butting into a discussion about personal styling by mentioning football.

10 minutes ago, ossieram said:

Has anybody else thought that we could chuck him into midfield and see if he could do a job in Holmes position? The lads got pace, likes to run and players and has got a shot on him!

Sorry for butting into a discussion about personal styling by mentioning football.

I think its definitely possible he could end up playing a different position for the majority of his career. He's got the skillset for a few positions but also has flaws relevant to them all.

35 minutes ago, ossieram said:

See the post I started this thread with. I think playing him in midfield while Holmes is out is a good shout.

I called it the "football thread"; those more concerned with "hair and beauty" should have started their own thread ?

36 minutes ago, IslandExile said:

See the post I started this thread with. I think playing him in midfield while Holmes is out is a good shout.

I called it the "football thread"; those more concerned with "hair and beauty" should have started their own thread ?

Don’t you dare belittle hair and beautyspacer.png

Archived