Jayden Bogle - the football thread

IslandExile

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply
38 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

I always getting the feeling that Bogle is good at carrying the ball but dont ever feel like he is fully in control of what he is doing.

Much easier to carry the ball down the wing than through the centre of the field.

It's a no from me I'm afraid.

That seemed to work for Wanchope down the middle and the Tinman on the wing.

1 minute ago, ossieram said:

That seemed to work for Wanchope down the middle and the Tinman on the wing.

But we are talking about a winger and a forward, they lose the ball in areas of the park where it shouldn't be dangerous.

Bogle just doesn't strike me as a player that would be good collecting the ball from our defence and working up the field.

No real logic to my thoughts, it's just what I think!

5 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

But we are talking about a winger and a forward, they lose the ball in areas of the park where it shouldn't be dangerous.

Bogle just doesn't strike me as a player that would be good collecting the ball from our defence and working up the field.

You should know by now that I am right and you should just agree with me.

3 hours ago, G STAR RAM said:

I knew that....well thats according to your sparring partners in the politics thread anyway ?

5 hours ago, Tyler Durden said:

Whom do you allude to?

I think it’s Bald Eagle or something.

The poor guy only mentioned a (unconfirmed) club rule and apparently is a glove hater.

FWIW - Port Vale used to ban gloves in matches, as the manager wanted them to run around more to warm up! 

6 hours ago, G STAR RAM said:

I always getting the feeling that Bogle is good at carrying the ball but dont ever feel like he is fully in control of what he is doing.

Much easier to carry the ball down the wing than through the centre of the field.

It's a no from me I'm afraid.

I was thinking more in the wider role that Knight often takes to be fair. I like Knight but he isn’t a dribbler and thought against Fulham there was a few times that if he could beat a man we would have been in a great position. 

44 minutes ago, DarkFruitsRam7 said:

Martin has just taken off his gloves as he prepares to come on! What does this mean?

Gloves on the bench? Should have his hands submerged in ice buckets.

Archived