Jayden Bogle - the football thread

IslandExile

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm confused by all this. Cocu said that Jayden was not 'switched on' when when coming on as sub the other day. I don't recall him saying at any point in time that Jayden had an attitude problem. Can someone point me in the direction of that statement please as right now it seems that some folk are rinsing the young lad for the heinous crime of wearing gloves.

I'll just leave these here then shall I? ?

image.png.72784c3607fb641950d4b521d73cbea7.png

image.png.7fdd3b4398f3d8ce453fb3378aa64853.png

image.png.14f895f976da242055f03f7c59bfbb65.png

image.png.5f7867828b9b827c52288886aa32592f.png

Wasn’t the actual point that apparently Derby tell them not to wear gloves and he still does, hence the attitude.

Rather than everyone going on about the OP having an issue with people wearing gloves?

So if true about Derby’s policy, I think you should all be sending in these digs/pictures to Derby if you have an issue with it rather than the OP. 

On 17/02/2020 at 00:16, IslandExile said:

First up, I think Bogle is fantastic, a credit to himself and the academy. To play so many first team games at his age is a great achievement.

However, many of us and, most importantly Cocu, feel he has something more to learn about the defensive side of his game. I am certain that will come with more experience.

However, in the meantime, and especially with Holmes out injured, I wonder if he should be given a longer spell as a right attacking midfielder.

Next to Holmes, he's arguably the best ball carrier around the first team.

I love the balance of Holmes, Bird and Rooney.

Bogle wasn't great in midfield before but I'm not sure he had Bird and Rooney alongside him when he was asked to play further forward previously.

I do not see Bogle as an out and out winger, Lowe's crosses are better for one thing, but I think he could become a midfield runner. Certainly worth trying in Holmes's absence.

(Downside is I like Wisdom in central defence).

He does carry the ball really well, but quite often of late does so but then loses it when we’ve committed to the attack .. leaving us horribly exposed 

His ability to travel with the ball isn’t in question it’s his decision making, when to and not to

the kids still learning one Position I think it would be detrimental to his development to start tinkering around with that.

there is a counter argument that says that by experiencing other positions u learn more about your own and gain an appreciation for what u want coming from ur own position.

but maybe first team football and the championship isn’t the best place for that infront of an expectant and demanding audience 

4 minutes ago, Mckram said:

Wasn’t the actual point that apparently Derby tell them not to wear gloves and he still does, hence the attitude.

Rather than everyone going on about the OP having an issue with people wearing gloves?

So if true about Derby’s policy, I think you should all be sending in these digs/pictures to Derby if you have an issue with it rather than the OP. 

First off, my post isn't even directed at the OP so why are you suggesting that it is? 

Secondly, how is pointing out that  Wazza has used gloves a 'dig'.

Lastly, has Cocu or any of his team publicly stated that wearing gloves contravenes any club policy? Perhaps you could point us in the direction of said statement should it exist? 

13 minutes ago, Mckram said:

I've highlighted the important bit.

It quite clearly isn't.

35 minutes ago, Mckram said:

If it was true, Jozefzoon wouldn’t have come on as a sub due to wearing gloves. 

2 hours ago, Mckram said:

I'm the original poster. I have never mentioned gloves in any of my posts.

My original post was asking whether, given Holmes's enforced absence, we should give Bogle - with or without gloves - a run in midfield.

1 hour ago, 86 Schmokes & a Pancake said:

First off, my post isn't even directed at the OP so why are you suggesting that it is? 

Secondly, how is pointing out that  Wazza has used gloves a 'dig'.

Lastly, has Cocu or any of his team publicly stated that wearing gloves contravenes any club policy? Perhaps you could point us in the direction of said statement should it exist? 

Did I ever say that your post was the dig?

I’ve also not said that it is Derby’s policy or agreed with any post to say that it could be.

I’m just saying that nobody has had an issue with wearing gloves, just suggested the club might and because of that they get hounded with abuse of how ridiculous it is. 

3 minutes ago, IslandExile said:

My original post was asking whether, given Holmes's enforced absence, we should give Bogle - with or without gloves - a run in midfield.

Apologies, I meant the poster that everyone had a problem with.

8 minutes ago, IslandExile said:

No   - Don't rate him in midfield.

9 minutes ago, Mckram said:

Did I ever say that your post was the dig?

I’ve also not said that it is Derby’s policy or agreed with any post to say that it could be.

I’m just saying that nobody has had an issue with wearing gloves, just suggested the club might and because of that they get hounded with abuse of how ridiculous it is. 

Again, what you've inferred I said and below, what I actually said...

12 hours ago, 86 Schmokes & a Pancake said:

Can someone point me in the direction of that statement please as right now it seems that some folk are rinsing the young lad for the heinous crime of wearing gloves.

That is, those saying he has a bad attitude on the basis of disobeying club instructions by wearing gloves when there is no evidence that any such policy exists. There are plenty of posts suggesting exactly this if you care to look back, so I've no idea why you're suggesting otherwise.

Furthermore, why would I send the pictures I posted to the club as per your suggestion, when I don't even believe there are 'no gloves, no turned up socks, no fancy haircuts' policies in place'? That makes literally no sense at all.

I think you're preaching to the choir to be honest.

6 minutes ago, 86 Schmokes & a Pancake said:

Again, what you've inferred I said and below, what I actually said...

That is, those saying he has a bad attitude on the basis of disobeying club instructions by wearing gloves when there is no evidence that any such policy exists. There are plenty of posts suggesting exactly this if you care to look back, so I've no idea why you're suggesting otherwise.

Furthermore, why would I send the pictures I posted to the club as per your suggestion, when I don't even believe there are 'no gloves, no turned up socks, no fancy haircuts' policies in place'? That makes literally no sense at all.

I think you're preaching to the choir to be honest.

So you do understand he wasn’t ‘rinsing the young lad for the heinous crime of wearing gloves’ then.

Their point was rule breaking and I just think it got lost in peoples replies, that’s all. ?

Back to the football side of it, I actually think Bogle would be good in midfield...with Holmes out we lack someone who can run with the ball and he would be perfect. 

Jeez what a season,  countless injuries,  drink driving,  player sackings,  efl charges, player wears number 32 scandal..now to top it off someone wore some gloves..

Dread to think what will happen next..im going for 'mel spotted eating an ice cream debacle '

20 minutes ago, Mckram said:

Back to the football side of it, I actually think Bogle would be good in midfield...with Holmes out we lack someone who can run with the ball and he would be perfect. 

I always getting the feeling that Bogle is good at carrying the ball but dont ever feel like he is fully in control of what he is doing.

Much easier to carry the ball down the wing than through the centre of the field.

It's a no from me I'm afraid.

Archived