Philip Schofield

G STAR RAM

Am I the only person who thought he was gay anyway?

Am much more shocked to find out that he is married with kids.

Another high profile figure to take the big step, but still no sign of any footballers coming out.

I've never really considered homophobic abuse as much of a problem but the fact that other sportsmen, pop stars, actors, comedians, politicians etc are now all openly coming out but footballers still arent would seem to indicate that I am way off the mark!

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Does anybody actually really care he’s gay, does it really matter these days if people are gay or not, it’s just everyday life isn’t it. I don’t understand all the fuss and it certainly isn’t news worthy. 

28 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

Another high profile figure to take the big step, but still no sign of any footballers coming out.

I've never really considered homophobic abuse as much of a problem but the fact that other sportsmen, pop stars, actors, comedians, politicians etc are now all openly coming out but footballers still arent would seem to indicate that I am way off the mark!

Good timing

Never really gave it much thought tbh.  What people do in the privacy of their own homes is up to them, don't get this need to 'come out' and tell everyone.

Kinda feel sorry for his wife (and kids) though, its all being played out in public.  Everyone is saying how brave he is but she must be distaught - if for no other reason than (assuming shes the same age as him) shes approaching 60 and rather than looking forwards to spending her pensionable years with the bloke shes been maried to for 25+ years, she's looking at a divorce.

28 minutes ago, maxjam said:

Never really gave it much thought tbh.  What people do in the privacy of their own homes is up to them, don't get this need to 'come out' and tell everyone.

Kinda feel sorry for his wife (and kids) though, its all being played out in public.  Everyone is saying how brave he is but she must be distaught - if for no other reason than (assuming shes the same age as him) shes approaching 60 and rather than looking forwards to spending her pensionable years with the bloke shes been maried to for 25+ years, she's looking at a divorce.

I heard that his wife has known for years.

It's not quite a Rebekah Brooks/Grant Mitchell thing (can't remember the actors name that played grant Mitchell). That was a couple of instances of in flagrante delicto and out.... 

Weirdly, we were watching the tv ages ago and I had a disagreement with my missus cos I thought he was totally 'out' and happy with everyone knowing. So I thought she was confused when she said that he was married with kids.

She couldn't even see why I would even think it. I conceded obviously I was confused and thinking of someone else. 

2 hours ago, G STAR RAM said:

That actually made me laugh ?

probably not supposed to.

3 hours ago, TexasRam said:

Does anybody actually really care he’s gay, does it really matter these days if people are gay or not, it’s just everyday life isn’t it. I don’t understand all the fuss and it certainly isn’t news worthy. 

I think it’s the fact that he was married for 27 years. If he was single, it wouldn’t be such a big story.

I feel for the bloke and his wife. I can only think he was suppressing it because of the environment he grew up in?

6 minutes ago, DarkFruitsRam7 said:

I think it’s the fact that he was married for 27 years. If he was single, it wouldn’t be such a big story.

I feel for the bloke and his wife. I can only think he was suppressing it because of the environment he grew up in?

Elton John was married for a while.  it's an attempt to conform and perhaps believe that they can "submerge" their true feelings. 

Very sad if anyone has been upset.  His wife has allegedly known for a long time. 

Archived