Philip Schofield

G STAR RAM

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply
17 hours ago, Ewe Ram said:

I imagine that if he was openly gay I’m the early 90’s when he did the kids tv broom cupboard then he wouldn’t have got the gig. It was all about poofs and woofers in those days. 
I never honestly gave it a thought if he was gay or straight, much less do I care. I’m just annoyed he’s made himself out to be some kind of hero, I’d much rather he was removed from the screen for a bit, I’m bloody sick of seeing him 

The “hero” bit about it all is annoying.....saw this and thought it puts the word hero into its true meaning

2BC6326E-7DDE-4EE9-8B23-6BDEEAE20136.jpeg

On 09/02/2020 at 13:59, Chester40 said:

Again, very persuasive. Nothing I can disagree with....

Out of interest, how would you view it if it he was bearing his soul on tv except the story was that he had been having an affair with a 20-year old woman? And he was crying saying, 'I just can't resist hot young females' ?

Not saying he has been having an affair but its feels like that could be the reason for his sudden desire to disclose. 

Maybe my lack of sympathy is because I feel there is an element of cynicism in him switching the angle of the story from any indiscretion and using his sexuality to change the narrative.

Obviously that is partly the story...that any indiscretion would be with a man. But I don't think the women in my office  would be crying, they would be saying how pathetic it was that he was chasing young girls and what about his poor wife and kids! I think I just find the hypocrisy irritating and that he exploited it, bugs me too.

It's a very valid question and I suspect I'd have far less sympathy - it can be argued that one scenario offers something he can't get at home I suppose but I guess my real point is that I think that it's a matter for him and his wife. I'm not sure that the way he's gone about this is the right way at all but I'm just not keen to pass judgement without being in full possession of the facts.

I do think you're correct in your assessment ref your work colleagues however. One suspects they'd be spitting feathers but they can only react to the reality of it I guess and I'd be loathed the accuse them of hypocrisy on that basis.  

51 minutes ago, King Kevin said:

It's very sanitised this forum , it will be gone if they don't like it.I compared this place to Mums net once but apparently that's much worse than here.

Not sure that's true really. I've had a 'holiday' or two and also plenty of posts removed but I've never contested the moderation as all bar one sanction I've more or less agreed with. The fact is that they are not obliged to have threads on anything other than football and if posters are disrespectful or their posts potentially risking litigation, I'd say it's entirely their prerogative to vet as they see fit. 

As regards the post in question, I think using that term in a pejorative sense isn't really on, but then you know that anyway as your edit clearly indicates and I doubt my opinion counts for much in any case.

38 minutes ago, DarkFruitsRam7 said:

Have you ever had a problem with a footballer being called a 'hero' or a 'legend'?

You’re going to be a cracking solicitor.

We consider Joel a hero,I’m sure plenty of people consider Phillip Schofield as a hero for their own reasons.

I don’t think anyone could argue that soldier isn’t a true hero,what a man.

19 hours ago, BriggRam said:

The “hero” bit about it all is annoying.....saw this and thought it puts the word hero into its true meaning

I fully agree the man on the right is a true hero, and any VC winner from our premier regiment should be rightly commemorated.

Schofield has to deal with his own demons … and I wish him luck.

Have to say I feel unhappy about his memory being referenced in this situation though - what is essentially a social media/celeb navel-gazing moment … I see Piers Morgan has now joined the party.

On 09/02/2020 at 17:47, SchtivePesley said:

Kind of pathetic how Schofield is all "brave" and "inspirational" when he comes out, but a female actor comes out the same day and gets the piss taken. 

EQMRSMgWsAARBTS?format=jpg&name=large

With it being Piers, she probably told him to piss off when he asked her out.  That lad really holds a grudge...

19 hours ago, BriggRam said:

Acts of heroism come in many forms.  Single parents suffering from depression or a debilitating illness, who still work to provide for their children could be termed a hero.  Philip may well inspire other men & women to come out and live happy productive lives, which in turn inspires others.  If Grandadi_Tony in indeed a grandad he'll probably be part of an older generation who has issues with the 'puffters' of this world.

Fair play to Philip, he's never offended me while I thought he was straight and he's not offending me now I know he's gay.  Each to their own.  As for his family, I'm sure he didn't wake up that particular morning and shout "Off to the studio now, make sure you get the chicken out or it won't be defrosted ok?  Oh and by the way, I'm gay.  See-ya!"  I'm sure they've been discussing and dealing with it for sometime.

1 hour ago, WhiteHorseRam said:

I fully agree the man on the right is a true hero, and any VC winner from our premier regiment should be rightly commemorated.

Schofield has to deal with his own demons … and I wish him luck.

Have to say I feel unhappy about his memory being referenced in this situation though - what is essentially a social media/celeb navel-gazing moment … I see Piers Morgan has now joined the party.

Why only “our premier regiment”?

Archived