My favourite photo

Big Trav

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply
20 minutes ago, Mick Brolly said:

In all seriousness this is my favourite. ELcjPHaWsAY7QWn.thumb.jpg.54bea42c41b1061fc998b591078f0e61.jpg

But this was bloody close. 

retro_rams_20_413x460.jpg.904e504694a1390e7f2fe6d7748e2bac.jpg

I used to know Tracey Jessop who was  Miss Derby County in the mid 1970s

She was a lovely girl.  Her brother Peter had a fruit and veg stall in the Eagle Centre market 

14 hours ago, Mckram said:

Went to this game and then went on holiday the following day for a week, probably one of the best weeks of my life!   If we’d have won at Wembley....my god! 

Went as well, was umming and arring but took the plunge, sat in the car afterwards with the couple of chaps from this site that I gave a lift to and has to remember I wasn't dreaming. 

To do it the way we did, 3 losses in the season to Leeds, 2-0 down in the second leg, Spygate, just immense. 

Only to see us throw it away at Wembley. 

For myriad reasons; it’s iconic across football in its own right: Paulo gallops across the turf, thoroughbred-racehorse like, a tumult of raw, adrenalinised manpower, caught in that micro-time of surging, unexpurgated euphoria. There are layers of symbolism in the photo but I just have to have it on my wall for the panorama of Man Yoo fans, faces frozen in a time-capsule of sheer dumb-struck bamboozlement...best demonstrated by the lady bottom-right mid-face-drop, left hand clasped to her jaw mouth agape as if she just cannot take in what she’s just seen. It also reminds me of my Bristol 5-a-side team Man Yoo colleagues who had scoffed when I told them to watch out for the Costa Rican on his debut the previous week. Oh how I roared in their faces the following Wednesday...Wan-Chopppppppppppp 2-0 . . . 

A4CB6DFD-8E5E-442B-93E6-3F0364164EB9.jpeg

5 minutes ago, Ellafella said:

For myriad reasons; it’s iconic across football in its own right: Paulo gallops across the turf, thoroughbred-racehorse like, a tumult of raw, adrenalinised manpower, caught in that micro-time of surging, unexpurgated euphoria. There are layers of symbolism in the photo but I just have to have it on my wall for the panorama of Man Yoo fans, faces frozen in a time-capsule of sheer dumb-struck bamboozlement...best demonstrated by the lady bottom-right mid-face-drop, left hand clasped to her jaw mouth agape as if she just cannot take in what she’s just seen. It also reminds me of my Bristol 5-a-side team Man Yoo colleagues who had scoffed when I told them to watch out for the Costa Rican on his debut the previous week. Oh how I roared in their faces the following Wednesday...Wan-Chopppppppppppp 2-0 . . . 

A4CB6DFD-8E5E-442B-93E6-3F0364164EB9.jpeg

Think she might have spotted his two footed tackle also.

4 hours ago, loweman2 said:

So many great photos to choose from of years gone by, but from my own personal collection that I have taken its got to be this one, a relaxed summer evening having a couple of pints with my lad and King Kevin Hector !

F0D00942-2EF4-4D9E-A0C4-0CAB70290869.jpeg

Brilliant photo. Here's the maestro on the pitch, also looking good.

1966666513_KevinHectorKingZak.thumb.jpg.fd20caccc90bfe7b690264e1dfe2f829.jpg

Archived