My favourite photo

Big Trav

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 hours ago, Steve Buckley’s Dog said:

I love this photo. Drove down here the other day, glanced left and still expected to see this. Made me sad to see nothing in the skyline. I have a similar photo in a book, same view but raining with two people eating chips. So many memories

I still do that now and again.. ?

My biggest regret is that little Angry never got to go.. He loved Luton the other day, proper old school is that lad.

20 hours ago, Mick Brolly said:

In all seriousness this is my favourite. ELcjPHaWsAY7QWn.thumb.jpg.54bea42c41b1061fc998b591078f0e61.jpg

But this was bloody close. 

retro_rams_20_413x460.jpg.904e504694a1390e7f2fe6d7748e2bac.jpg

I think the one on the left is bigger.

stimac. 

I could quite easily have chosen this one instead of Paulo: it is believed to be the earliest photo of a Derby County team. Some of you will recognise it as the one that hangs in the foyer of Pride Park stadium {probably worth £80 million} though the original is owned privately and resides in America. 
I love how these guys look. They stare at different places and not all towards the camera. Some wear the amber & chocolate & blue colours of Derbyshire County Cricket Club. I suspect it’s a photo taken at a training session. It’s outside the old grandstand at the Cricket Ground. Look at those boots. I love these guys’ faces. My favourite is the chap on the floor front right {possibly W Weston}. He is proud, immensely fit and has a focus which is very remarkable. I wonder if these guys ever stared into the distance and wondered if the Club, barely a few months old, would still be around in 135 years’ time? If it wasn’t for these chaps, we wouldn’t be here today . . . 

0667C8D7-7FF0-48D6-8BD4-C65F1C6D6B9E.jpeg

. . . And whilst we’re about it I also cherish this photo. . . “Matches of a High Order will be arranged for next season and the most complete provision will be made for playing the game and for the accommodation of the public”. 
. . . The Derby Way. 

013BA53F-2E4D-47FE-BCAB-FADD766B7048.jpeg

15 minutes ago, Ellafella said:

I could quite easily have chosen this one instead of Paulo: it is believed to be the earliest photo of a Derby County team. Some of you will recognise it as the one that hangs in the foyer of Pride Park stadium {probably worth £80 million} though the original is owned privately and resides in America. 
I love how these guys look. They stare at different places and not all towards the camera. Some wear the amber & chocolate & blue colours of Derbyshire County Cricket Club. I suspect it’s a photo taken at a training session. It’s outside the old grandstand at the Cricket Ground. Look at those boots. I love these guys’ faces. My favourite is the chap on the floor front right {possibly W Weston}. He is proud, immensely fit and has a focus which is very remarkable. I wonder if these guys ever stared into the distance and wondered if the Club, barely a few months old, would still be around in 135 years’ time? If it wasn’t for these chaps, we wouldn’t be here today . . . 

Thorne would brake his leg kicking that ball.

19 hours ago, Ellafella said:

I know he’s been here for a while, but isn’t that Craig Forsyth in the middle, with the ball at his feet?

Archived