v Swansea (A) - Matchday Thread

OohMartWright

• Replies 699
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Our best goalkeeper, our strongest ba k four, our iconic captain and the most energetic midfield and attack to combat the Swansea threat. 

It seems sensible after the thrashings we've had away..... and I'm a Chris Martin fan! 

We have enough on the bench to press for victory later on. 

1 minute ago, Ramarena said:

I know very little about the condition so excuse my ignorance, but would giving him a rest every few games help the condition/reduce risk of triggering an “attack”

In my case not really. Its on or off.  I can be in hard triathlon trg no problem then out of nowhere the symptoms start and within a week I cant even make the toilet 2 rooms away. Load of steroids over couple of weeks and its gone again. Then back to trg. (Hence my fitness loss comment with CM)

Its an auto immune issue so your immune system picks a fight with your colon and just decides "right have this" and the whole world literally falls out your jacksie!! Its still unknown as to the trigger, but as its gastro based it has to be somewhere along the line linked with diet IMHO. 

I detected some swelling the other week so I stopped eating meat and made sure I didnt miss any days meds and it calmed down fairly quickly. But that is just me, wouldnt necessarily work for others. 

Its so frustrating because I don't actually feel ill with it.  

I probably would have stuck with the team from the Stoke game. But I'm sure we'll be set up more defensively than that game, and I haven't seen the players in training everyday, so I'll trust Phil's selection. You can't really say Knight doesn't deserve a starting position. 

3 minutes ago, IronRam 140.6 said:

In my case not really. Its on or off.  I can be in hard triathlon trg no problem then out of nowhere the symptoms start and within a week I cant even make the toilet 2 rooms away. Load of steroids over couple of weeks and its gone again. Then back to trg. (Hence my fitness loss comment with CM)

Its an auto immune issue so your immune system picks a fight with your colon and just decides "right have this" and the whole world literally falls out your jacksie!!

So you wouldn't expect him to be on the bench then, the loo maybe! 

19 minutes ago, Coconut said:

You seem to think it's fine to slag someone off on the basis of something you don't know, but woe betide anyone use something they don't know as a reason to defend the decision.

Who is slagging off mate?! Seems you are. I questioned the assumption made by @nottingram and gave an alternate reason for the team choice.

2 minutes ago, Archied said:

Yep clear that some fans view of cocu totaly depends on whether he picks their fav player in starting 11,, for me ive seen enough the last few weeks to let him crack on 

Oh dear you do keep going on don't you. The point was why change a winning team? Waghorn on his own? Ha. Why not Martin or Marriott. But no it's just because Chrissy isn't starting that I think Cocu needs to set us up to play rather than respond to the opposition,

4 minutes ago, clough08 said:

Baffling that we're persisting with Waghorn as lone striker when it's never worked yet.

Might well be all about work rate early ,pressing and closing down early ,play our way into it ,earn the right to play then perhaps Martin come on and waggy goes wide ? Seems like a starting 11 to win their battles and get a foothold 

1 minute ago, RoyMac5 said:

Oh dear you do keep going on don't you. The point was why change a winning team? Waghorn on his own? Ha. Why not Martin or Marriott. But no it's just because Chrissy isn't starting that I think Cocu needs to set us up to play rather than respond to the opposition,

I keep on ?????????

I think a lot will depend on the midfield battle here.

If Bird, Rooney and Holmes can control the game from midfield and starve Swansea of the ball, we have a fighting chance.

But if Byers, Grimes and Gallagher are allowed to dictate and play on the front foot, it could be a long afternoon for us.

With Swansea’s pace and dynamism up front, it could look similar to Brentford away if we are not careful.

8 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

Who is slagging off mate?! Seems you are. I questioned the assumption made by @nottingram and gave an alternate reason for the team choice.

So that's a no then.

Slagging off, criticising, whatever you want to call it, every chance you get to pick fault with the manager you do it.

You didn't give an alternate reason, you stated it as a fact that Martin's exclusion has nothing to do with his health. 

You 'questioned' someone using something they don't know as a fact then did exactly the same thing yourself. There's no wriggling out of it.

Archived