v Swansea (A) - Matchday Thread

OohMartWright

• Replies 699
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Jourdan said:

Let’s be honest, Martin would have tucked that away too, but much more elegantly.

I agree with the first part of that point. I think the second part is a touch bizarre and unnecessary though ? 

Wasn't like Waghorn tripped over the grass and scored by falling on the ball

3 minutes ago, Bob The Badger said:

A bit like saying you're going back to look at the Roos is poo posts because he caught a ball tossed to him by the ball boy. 

Couldn’t disagree more. That’s a proper strikers goal. It’s only a tap in if you’re in the right place.

2 minutes ago, jimbo jones said:

I’m just going back to read all the Waghorn Is rubbish posts, I’ll be back in a minute....

No one thinks waghorn is rubbish, he just isn’t a centre forward.  Most on here would probably agree, some won’t.

Knight turns poorly and kicks the ball out of play, but the Swansea player saves him by scything him down. 

Lawrence receiving treatment in the middle of the pitch.

1 minute ago, jimbo jones said:

Couldn’t disagree more. That’s a proper strikers goal. It’s only a tap in if you’re in the right place.

Exactly. He could have stood there and watched the shot, but did what every forward should do, follow it ready for any possible loose ball. 

Great goal Waggy ??

Rooney's ball in seemed excellent and into the exact area you'd want it to go; but it was headed clear by a Swansea player without a Derby man within 2 yards of him. Bit weird.

2 minutes ago, rammieib said:

First time I’ve gone away to Europe for the weekend - the Rams TV stream is awful. Anyone else have the picture buffering every minute or so?

Try flying to a different country, Spain is nice this time of year

2 minutes ago, rammieib said:

First time I’ve gone away to Europe for the weekend - the Rams TV stream is awful. Anyone else have the picture buffering every minute or so?

When in Europe i normally set the quality to its lowest setting and usually no issues 

Just now, Ghost of Clough said:

That’ll be a Wi-fi issue.

As a side note, the quality on away days is almost always worse than when we’re at home. 

Usually dependant on quality of facilities. Pretty good this week.

Just now, DarkFruitsRam7 said:

I think he was joking mate?

Fair. Its hard to tell sometimes with the Chris Martin crew on here; and I couldn't remember if Jourdan was a member or not. 

2 minutes ago, jimbo jones said:

Running after Lawrence (as he should do) and tapping a slowly rolling ball into an empty nest (as he should do) doesn't negate all the opportunities he's missed.

It would have been difficult to have not been in the right place. Where else could he have been short of lying down for a nap?

I'm not anti-Waghorn, I'd probably play him if I were manager. But that goal means nothing in the great scheme of things and 98% of professional strikers would have been  there and scored that.

Bogle and Routledge chasing after the ball; Bogle slips on the grass and brings the Swansea man down. That's unfortunate. Good position for a FK.

Archived