v Swansea (A) - Matchday Thread

OohMartWright

• Replies 699
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Bob The Badger said:

I'm not anti-Waghorn, I'd probably play him if I were manager. But that goal means nothing in the great scheme of things and 98% of professional strikers would have been  there and scored that.

Absolutely not. He was very, very sharp to get to the ball. Martin wouldn't have got there.

2 minutes ago, David said:

Exactly. He could have stood there and watched the shot, but did what every forward should do, follow it ready for any possible loose ball. 

Great goal Waggy ??

Just watched it again. His movement to get between the 2 defenders and then the desire to get there first, was excellent. 1 second later the defenders gets his toe in there and clears it.

Wisdom needs to not make contract with Brewster there; he was always going to fall over immediately. Wasn't going to recover that ball. 

Just now, jimbo jones said:

Just watched it again. His movement to get between the 2 defenders and then the desire to get there first, was excellent. 1 second later the defenders gets his toe in there and clears it.

It was, just a shame we can’t all enjoy EVERY Derby goal regardless of who scored it. 

I’m not a Waghorn fan, I’m a Derby County fan.

Seeing all the stick for the team pre match, stuck Derby in my Acca for the win. ??

7 minutes ago, David said:

Try flying to a different country, Spain is nice this time of year

Except after ko its not even offering the option to buy on pay per view.

fkn thing.

2 minutes ago, Bob The Badger said:

Running after Lawrence (as he should do) and tapping a slowly rolling ball into an empty nest (as he should do) doesn't negate all the opportunities he's missed.

It would have been difficult to have not been in the right place. Where else could he have been short of lying down for a nap?

I'm not anti-Waghorn, I'd probably play him if I were manager. But that goal means nothing in the great scheme of things and 98% of professional strikers would have been  there and scored that.

I’ll have to disagree again. Especially after watching it back. He was outside the box with a defender either side of him when Lawrence shot.

a good striker should be there to tap it in. But 98% of professional strikers form where his starting position was? Not a chance.

I wonder if the EFL will be crafty and hold off on punishing us for our FFP indiscretions until the most satisfying moment.

You can just see it, can’t you? We have a wonderful turnaround, win a string of games in a row, storm into the play off positions, and then bang!

It must be gut wrenching for Cocu to know that his best might amount to very little due to something completely out of his hands.

6 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

Oh, I didn’t realise it could be a flight issue. I usually go to the Netherlands but immediately set off back home at kick off. Coming home seems to improve the stream quality. 

If one country is crowded it can slow down for everyone, my go to is Spain, never had an issue. Wouldn’t go to third world countries or anything, stick to Europe, closer the better if possible 

Archived