v Swansea (A) - Matchday Thread

OohMartWright

• Replies 699
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, SaintRam said:

So much pace in this Swansea side; although aren't they the side with like 6 loan players? Probably to be expected. 

Even slow teams can look pretty rapid next to us half the time though, to be fair. Biggest area of need in the summer. 

Knight with a good pull-back on the ground; finds Holmes who leaves it for Lawrence but it rolls to a defender. Holmes should have hit it. 

Just now, jimbo jones said:

I’ll have to disagree again. Especially after watching it back. He was outside the box with a defender either side of him when Lawrence shot.

a good striker should be there to tap it in. But 98% of professional strikers form where his starting position was? Not a chance.

What started off as being me being tongue-in-cheek has lead to people feeling the need to defend Waghorn for some reason.

It was an ok goal that you'd expect any half decent striker to score.

I'm guessing there is a pro-Waghorn and anti-Waghorn camp on the board. I just never notice that kind of stuff.

I'm in the 'Waghorn is ok and maybe as good as we got and he just scored - which is nice' camp.

Hamer with a good punch as Ayew's about to head it from 6 yards. Hamer seems to be a tad shaken though.

A Swansea FK is given away at the edge of the Derby area and Bogle, Wisdom are furious the ref didn't stop play with Hamer holding his head.

Bogle booked.

Just now, Van der MoodHoover said:

We do seem to give up a lot of free kicks....

What you're witnessing is a combination of a Derby pressing game (which I'm pleased about) and the opposition being able to move their feet twice as quickly as most of our lads ? 

2 minutes ago, Bob The Badger said:

What started off as being me being tongue-in-cheek has lead to people feeling the need to defend Waghorn for some reason.

It was an ok goal that you'd expect any half decent striker to score.

I'm guessing there is a pro-Waghorn and anti-Waghorn camp on the board. I just never notice that kind of stuff.

I'm in the 'Waghorn is ok and maybe as good as we got and he just scored - which is nice' camp.

I’m not pro Waghorn, I think he should be on the bench ?

8 minutes ago, David said:

I mean it’s been available to buy all week, don’t they stop selling match tickets at 3pm as well?

The last time i bought too far in advance it didn't work either

i assumed it was because i watched the ramstv meets robbie savage on ramstv via dcfcfans in the uk on the morning of the match

1 minute ago, Bob The Badger said:

I feel so much more confident with Hamer when crosses come in than Roos.

He lept like a salmon there.

A salmon with hands.

And legs.

Wearing a goalie's jersey.

A salmon nevertheless.

Totally agree. Though his last four pieces of distribution have been recieved by Swansea GK, Swansea Crowd, Swansea GK, Swansea GK - which is mightily frustrating.

Still; he builds confidence in a far more important area of goalkeeping so I'm comfortable dealing with that flaw he has.

Swansea FK; won possibly by conning the refs (dont know for sure) is put in, its headed back across goal but Hamer pushes it wide. Corner. 1 added minute.

Archived