Yet another Chris Martin thread.... Yes really

IslandExile

Chris Martin  

206 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

3 hours ago, RoyMac5 said:

Of course we have our usual plan, but that will potentially be derailed by our potential to get players in - see how Dowell is being lauded and has signed for Norwich, Cocu must be pants not to get great things from him!

PS Martin is no slower now than he's ever been, he is playing as well as ever. 

Remember the Blackburn MoM game? That didn't have to be a one-off but when has the team come together like that since lock down?

We do? What is it, cos darned if I've seen any evidence of any thinking beyond 6 months into the future with our transfer dealings.

We seem to stockpile players in positions where we have good youth coming through, then loan in positions where we don't so the same gaps pop up next season. 

No doubt some of that has been fuelled by manager turnover but now we are forced to take stock.

Logic suggests that if martin was part of Cocus master plan, it was for the relatively short term, given age and illness etc. Therefore we should, unless we're now on a different plan, be looking for a loan or short term contract.

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
14 minutes ago, kash_a_ram_a_ding_dong said:

Just a more narky reply than usual David and I’m pretty used to your sarcasm to be honest,I quite enjoy it.

It was sarcastic, I’m sure you won’t still be getting Martin 9 printed on your shirt? ?

To be honest we should probably do a Birmingham and retire the number now in memory ?

4 hours ago, Srg said:

Because we are talking about signing Martin for next season. His qualities 3 or 4 years ago shouldn’t come into that, no?

And they haven't which is why he's allowed to leave. Whats wrong with thanks and bye, if you have nothing nice to say about one of our best strikers in years. 

Even now, a lesser player than 3 or 4 years ago he's still scored 11 in 25 is it? 

We are moving on. It's happening. Don't see the need to say anything negative about him after 7 years and about 70 goals plus whatever playmaking he's done. 

33 minutes ago, JustOneChrissyMartin said:

I despair 

Attention on me! Attention on me!! 

Thats twitter. Where if you haven't got anything nice to say then don't say anything at all never occurs to anyone. 

Where if you have followers, retweets and replies then you're winning at life even though you know full well you sound like a Bamford. 

It's a platform for Piers Morgan, Jeremy Clarkson and Katie Hopkins who like to say something they don't actually believe just to get attention. Even negative attention will do. 

I mean I'm more than happy to listen to any arguments that Robinson, Porter, Davies, Hulse, Moore, Kuqi, Priskin, Bent, Jerome, Sammon etc etc have been better forwards for the club than Martin. I somehow think anybody that wishes to claim he isn't the best forward we've had for years will begin to go quiet when the debate gets past a reply or two. 

I'm all for moving on. Don't see the need to be a knob about it though. But then I'm not signed up to twitter yet.

1 minute ago, Alpha said:

It's a platform for Piers Morgan, Jeremy Clarkson and Katie Hopkins who like to say something they don't actually believe just to get attention.

Katie Hopkins has been banned now, Clarkson barely tweets and Piers Morgan....well I’ll give you that one 

6 minutes ago, David said:

Katie Hopkins has been banned now, Clarkson barely tweets and Piers Morgan....well I’ll give you that one 

What's up with Clarkson? Had enough controversy already? 

I predict Katie Hopkins to enjoy being banned because people are still talking about her. She'll get on telly because some crap show will rely on people tuning in to hate it, then she'll be back on twitter saying slightly less stupid things. 

Poor Wiley had a go but the Troll life wasn't for him

Archived